About JH13 and JH16 Drivers
Apr 7, 2011 at 5:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Mahay

New Head-Fier
I apologize in advance if I hurt anyone's feeling  about this thread but I am very curious about the secret behind JH13 and the JH16 pro.

Do you guys know if the JH13 and the JH16 use the same driver? I mean why the difference between the two IEM is only $50. The JH16 pro use in total 16 drivers and the JH13 use 12 drivers, which means the JH16 has 4 drivers more than the JH13. I mean for me just the price of the 4 drivers should be more than $50 right???. Plus, Jerry Harvey himself said that it took years and years of his career to get to the JH16. Does it mean that the quality of the drivers in JH16 is not as good as the drivers in JH13 ?? Or the build quality of the JH16 itself is poor? I am not talking about the sound quality but the build quality.  For me the price difference should be higher than that unless the build quality of the JH16 pro's drivers are cheap, right?? If that the case if you buy a JH16 pro then may be you'll get excitement for a little while but since the build quality is cheap then it's not gonna last years, right??.... But if the biuld quality of the driver of the the JH13 and the JH16 are the same, then they must charge too much for the JH13 pro, right??.

Another thing I don't understand with JH16 and JH13's drivers is that the reference written on the drivers are sometimes different.
For instance: 
One JH16 has a low driver with the reference JHA XB 1012 and another will have JHA XB 1036 written on. Why the number is different? And sometimes with the same pair of JH16, the right has JHA XB 1012 and the left JHA XB 0946. Don't understand at all. Shouldn't it be the same??
The same for the mids and the highs drivers. Sometimes you can have JH3-M followed by numbers written on the mids drivers and sometimes you can have JH3-MD plus numbers. So my question is that why is it so different from one IEM to another and sometimes the same pair also have different drivers?

Last thing : the IEM-reference monitor of ultimate ears only have 3 drivers and cost $1000, there is only $100 difference from the JH13 and $150 from the JH16. WHY??? does it mean the biuld quality of UE drivers are better that JH. Again, to be clear I am not talking about sound quality but build quality. Does it mean the UE IEM are better and will last longer than the JH???

Ok guys I'm gonna stop here for now before it becomes boring but any information is welcome

Apr 8, 2011 at 12:23 AM Post #2 of 6
The drivers themselves are relativly inexpensive. You are paying for a brand name and the engineering / talent that brings them all together into a nice little package.

May 1, 2011 at 3:51 PM Post #4 of 6
Ok, that was informative. Anyone else care to coment?
confused.gif

May 1, 2011 at 9:00 PM Post #5 of 6

Quote:
Ok, that was informative. Anyone else care to coment?
confused.gif

Its about the name. UE had became very mass productionish, as JH is more ma and pa and the quality is better. Personally i'd go with JH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back