Ablums? Singles? Or Custom Playlists? What do you listen to?
Mar 25, 2006 at 4:55 AM Post #16 of 27
SACD, Vinyl, Redbook, XM radio. Lately Vinyl the most followed by SACD with redbook and XM radio bringing up the rear.

Mar 25, 2006 at 6:47 AM Post #18 of 27
To be hoenst I havn't played around with playlists too much.

I usually put it on random and listen. It can be a real rollercoaster since I listen to so many genres LOL!

I occasionally pick an album, expecially if it's something that I just recently added to my library.

Mar 25, 2006 at 6:52 AM Post #19 of 27
Albums, except in cases where they are just collections of songs, then I select the good ones (AIC's Facelift, FI).

Mar 25, 2006 at 7:07 AM Post #20 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth
I've had an HD portable player for a year or so now and I like it quite a bit. I find that overall my listening preferences don't change much from when I'm on the go to when I'm at all. I seem to be an album kinda guy. If I want variety, I listen to the radio. By variety I mean random tracks.

I have been listening to Pandora a lot lately and really like the programme and the exposure to new artists. The idea that I'm listening within a genre *ideally* is really cool and I'm getting quite a lot of enjoyment out of the randomness of it all.

It would take a bit of work for me to get individual tracks I want on the iPod - difficulties would be in the realm of choosing, not technical.

How do you listen? Albums? Random? Playlists?

Albums mostly. A lot of my fave prog rock bands are into concept albums and IMHO individual random tracks kind of ruins it.

Garrett

Mar 25, 2006 at 8:42 AM Post #22 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by apnk
Well with flash players I listen mostly random, with HD players I listen mostly to albums.

Same here . . . especially since I random fill my flash players with songs instead of albums.

Mar 25, 2006 at 10:31 AM Post #23 of 27
Albums almost exclusively.

Mar 25, 2006 at 10:59 AM Post #24 of 27
"Ablums", definitely.
biggrin.gif

In all seriousness, at home I usually listen to LPs, but on the go I do love a bit of random mode. Having Airclick makes it an interesting, but painless, experience...

Mar 25, 2006 at 5:02 PM Post #25 of 27
I use shuffle most of the time, because otherwise, there are too many good tracks I would never hear if I didn't use shuffle. I can easily hit the next button if I don't care to hear the current track. When I hear a track which is on an album I like a lot, I'll switch to Album mode and listen to it in track order.

I use playlists when appropriate. For example, I use "Dinner Music" to play during dinner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back