ability to sort search results within forum
Aug 23, 2010 at 9:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

darckhart

100+ Head-Fier
so i have a query term

i use "advanced" search, plug in the term, select which forum i want to search in, and voila, results.

but then i want to sort the results by most recent date at top. click that sort by date button and it seems to re-run a "basic" search, discarding my old results table that i just wanted to sort!

Aug 24, 2010 at 3:44 AM Post #2 of 6
I've noticed the same thing.

The key to get what you want is that before you click the search button scroll down to the bottom of the screen and select sort your results by date, or whatever option you desire.

Aug 24, 2010 at 10:28 AM Post #3 of 6
Yeah, applying the filters before searching is the key.

Aug 24, 2010 at 4:30 PM Post #4 of 6
haha ok. that seems a little backward in logic (ie, how can one decide how to sort the results until after the results come in>) but alright. thanks for the info. however, i would still suggest doing it the other way because that 'sort by date' button in the upper right after getting the results is SUPER TEMPTING to click... =)

Aug 24, 2010 at 8:56 PM Post #5 of 6
Yeah, the way it's set up now, the quick search is basically useless - I have to do advanced search if I want to find threads that aren't all three years old. Something should really be done about it.

Aug 26, 2010 at 11:13 AM Post #6 of 6
Yeah, the way it's set up now, the quick search is basically useless - I have to do advanced search if I want to find threads that aren't all three years old. Something should really be done about it.

Could not agree more!
One have to use "Advanced Search" every single time to get anything useful these days..

No wonder we get all these thread resurrections. Members use the quick search, find a thread on the specific subject and reply. Then later to be made aware that the thread is from 2002 (or something).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back