Abandoning Panasonic HJE900
Sep 22, 2010 at 4:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39

neeverr

New Head-Fier
premises
source: iphone 4, sansa clip +
no amp

facts
after 1 week using the pana hje900 I've understood this IEM are impossible to my ears.
Their harsh/sibilant mid-high are too annoying to me. All the other specs (bass, mid-bass, mid, high, 3d, details) seem to be really excellent.

implication
I need an IEM identical to pana hje900 without this issue (=not harsh neither sibilant mid-high)

any advise?
I'm taking in consideration RE0. Could it be a real alternative?

thanks

Sep 22, 2010 at 5:03 PM Post #4 of 39
not identical in sound but very well balanced and very detailed without any harshness , klipsch custom 3 , great bass , i think you would enjoy them 
happy_face1.gif

Sep 22, 2010 at 5:21 PM Post #5 of 39
that and SB/M2/M1. Would not recommend the Zeros nor the RE0s which I found a tad fatiguing, plus you'll miss the bass which the previously mentioned have.

You could also try putting some foam in the nozzle that should tame the highs pretty well.

Sep 22, 2010 at 6:21 PM Post #7 of 39

What kind of music do you listen to most often?  It'll make it a lot easier for us to help you decide on a good pair rather than just guessing what we think will suit your needs.

Quote:
premises
no amp

facts
after 1 week using the pana hje900 I've understood this IEM are impossible to my ears.
Their harsh/sibilant mid-high are too annoying to me. All the other specs (bass, mid-bass, mid, high, 3d, details) seem to be really excellent.

implication
I need an IEM identical to pana hje900 without this issue (=not harsh neither sibilant mid-high)

any advise?

thanks

Sep 22, 2010 at 8:04 PM Post #8 of 39

Quote:
premises
no amp

facts

implication

any advise?

thanks

Particularly if you don't plan on returning or selling the HJE900s, have you considered some of the anti-harshness remedies out there? Comply tips tame the treble quite a lot(actually so much that they make treble boring for me, but several members like using them). You can gain even more control of that harsh sound by performing the foam mod, which simply involves removing the filters and stuffing the nozzle with light foam like that you might find on cheap earbuds. I think I've heard one member using cotton as well. This allows you to control this harsh spike to your liking, and still protect the drivers.

Sep 22, 2010 at 8:47 PM Post #9 of 39
just give up on the panny's...and send them to me
ksc75smile.gif

Sep 22, 2010 at 8:53 PM Post #10 of 39
I sold these about a week after I got them.  I agree with a lot you said in your post.  Sooo many people recommend these IEMs to others and I just couldn't stand the sound.  They are so overrated for some reason and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. This is, of course, just my opinion which most people will disagree with but oh well.  I'm just telling it like I heard it

Quote:
premises
no amp

facts

implication

any advise?

thanks

Sep 23, 2010 at 2:30 AM Post #11 of 39
I listen every kind of music (excluding electronic and hiphop). I would need neutral/balanced IEM with details and 3d stag, that's all :>

I would not mod them (eg.: foam, new parts) 'cause it is easier for me to sell them again.

My question to people who likes pana hje900: how do are able to listen them without feeling "pain" for every harsh sound / sibilant freqs.
I have not audiophile neither super-sensible ears anyway is quite evident this issue on a lot of track (eg.: take it easy eagles, grace jeff buckley, resistance muse).

DBA-02: I only could buy them on treoo (asian shop?), anyway I live in Milan (Italy) and it could be tricky to receive the box (eg.: custom fee, delivery timings...)
ATH-CK100: found them on ebay in Japan... same issue previous line

any other name?

Sep 23, 2010 at 9:48 AM Post #13 of 39

Quote:
facts

Same here! I'm pretty certain that I'm gonna sell them, the sibilance is unbearable.
I'm gonna try them and burn them in for another week or so to see if that reduces the harsh treble, but if that doesn't work, they'll have to go.

Sep 23, 2010 at 1:04 PM Post #15 of 39
Just get the RE0s or the Zeros.  I got the RE0s right after I returned the HJE900s.  I'm like you.  I have no idea why people think the HJE900 sound great.  Oh well, ears are different.

As for the RE0s (and probably the Zeros) you will miss some bass, but mainly cause they would be perfect with some more bass.  Either live with it, get a amp with a bass boost or EQ it in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back