AAC to MP3
Mar 20, 2006 at 6:21 PM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by PodMan
dbPowerAMP can mass convert between AAC and MP3.
http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm

I used dbPowerAMP. Works well enough. You have to get plugins for different compression schemes. All are free, except for MP3. I'm not sure if they still charge or not. If they do charge a fee, then you can also use WMA format for WMP.

Anyway it works.

Mar 20, 2006 at 6:57 PM Post #17 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by RockinOut
I used dBpowerAMP. Works well enough. You have to get plugins for different compression schemes. All are free, except for MP3. I'm not sure if they still charge or not. If they do charge a fee, then you can also use WMA format for WMP.

Anyway it works.

Aaahhh, so thats the reason? Yes they do still charge, you need some 'powerpack'.

Thats why I was unable to convert some WAVs into 320K mp3s with it? Luckily I only use dBpowerAMP for converting to FLAC, so all is well. EAC is setup to encode mp3s so if I ever need to I can use that.
smily_headphones1.gif

dBpowerAMP is a superb app. Not only does it give you a more detailed 'hover' menu, you can convert directly from selecting and right-clicking.

Jan 20, 2009 at 3:44 AM Post #18 of 19
I want to dig this thread up again in case something is changed in the nearly three years that's gone by. My friend wants to be able to play his DMR encoded Itune files with his non-Ipod mp3 player. Rather then burning to cd and then re-ripping are there any good third party apps that do the conversion, preferably free and preferably can do batch mode?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back