Aaaaarrrgh too many Denons !
Jun 27, 2007 at 5:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

hciman77

Headphoneus Supremus
I had been looking for a TT for a while now and had placed snipes on a few that came up , I won an Denon DP35F but I also had active snipes on others , today I realised I still had a snipe set up for a DP30L with V15 III, I did leave it quite late to cancel it and when I went in to the sniper service with a little under 2 minutes to spare it refused to cancel my snipe.

Now I have two Denon turntables, ho hum, there is a moral in that somewhere
plainface.gif
at least I got it cheapish ($57) although a replacement stylus is likely to cost a few bob.

Jun 27, 2007 at 6:23 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by hciman77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Now I have two Denon turntables, ho hum, there is a moral in that somewhere
plainface.gif
at least I got it cheapish ($57) although a replacement stylus is likely to cost a few bob.

Look on the bright side, you could have easily paid 57USd for that V15 on it's own
eggosmile.gif

Jun 27, 2007 at 6:38 PM Post #3 of 5
Jun 27, 2007 at 6:44 PM Post #4 of 5
http://www.export-japan.com/marketin...sort=2a&page=6

The JICO SAS is meant to be the best non-Shure replacement stylus going. I havn't bought one yet for any of my old V15's but it gets rave reviews. The SAS profile is meant to be superior to the original Micro-Ridge. Cheaper non original replacements are generally just standard eliptical which is why the NOS ones go for such silly amounts.

Jun 27, 2007 at 6:55 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by memepool /img/forum/go_quote.gif
http://www.export-japan.com/marketin...sort=2a&page=6

Cheaper non original replacements are generally just standard eliptical which is why the NOS ones go for such silly amounts.

Indeed, the one I found is an exact clone of the VN35E and has the exact measurements with the exception that the channel imbalance is marginally smaller and towards the other channel
confused.gif
and the tested output is 0.16 mv less.

In any case for a TT I didnt really want I think that is enough to spend for now, I dont know what the cart on the other Denon is, I have yet to pick it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back