Aaaaaaaah how frustrating
Mar 15, 2006 at 6:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Captain

500+ Head-Fier
Wow what a pain. I brought a Croft pre and power amp off eBay about a month ago. I had them for a few days then sent to them to croft for a big buck up grade. They had them for 4 weeks, but they arrived this morning, as agreed with tubes wrapped and packed inside amp for safe travel. I have just opened the boxes this evening and found out I need a real small Alan key to get into them, some thing I do not have. Have been worked up about trying them out all day. O well. Any body live in York and I can borrow one? or can some body email me one
icon10.gif

Mar 15, 2006 at 7:04 PM Post #2 of 9
I know it sounds obvious - anyway; make sure you get the exact right size of the Allen key...

Mar 15, 2006 at 7:44 PM Post #5 of 9
BTW-I personally have always preferred this type :

Allen%20Wrench%20Set.jpg

Loose allen wrenches have a way of geeting lost no matter how meticulous you may be about putting things away and it is ALWAYS the one size you need that will go AWOL !

Not only does this keep them from getting lost but the handle is WAY better than the skinny little allen wrench handle for cranking things down or trying to loosen a stubborn nut.

Mar 15, 2006 at 7:59 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Glod
I know it sounds obvious - anyway; make sure you get the exact right size of the Allen key...

Quoting my self here
rolleyes.gif
. What I meant in detail is, does it have metric or imperial heads? [size=xx-small]was it now 3/32" or 2mm?...
eek.gif

[/size]

Mar 15, 2006 at 8:05 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by rickcr42
..."Not only does this keep them from getting lost but the hadle is WAY better than the skinny little alen wrench handle for cranking things down or trying to loosen a stubborn nut."

That's the tool. I have been carrying a GEDORE (indestructible) set every time I leave home with my motorbike all years. At least two times, I have not regretted it - at all.
eek.gif
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back