A900s suffocating my ears
Jun 14, 2006 at 1:37 PM Post #31 of 36
I'll say again, that I believe if you try an open phone with vinyl pads (like Ultrasone's), you're still going to sweat under them.

I propose that the discomfort is 90% due to the pads and 10% due to open vs closed. It isn't like a phone like the A900s seals your ear off making the lack of an open back some kind of sweatbox. It happens under the pads IME.

If your experience differs, I stand corrected.

Jun 14, 2006 at 1:40 PM Post #32 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by rodbac
I'll say again, that I believe if you try an open phone with vinyl pads (like Ultrasone's), you're still going to sweat under them.

I propose that the discomfort is 90% due to the pads and 10% due to open vs closed. It isn't like a phone like the A900s seals your ear off making the lack of an open back some kind of sweatbox. It happens under the pads IME.

If your experience differs, I stand corrected.

i haven't done a side-by-side comparison of open v. closed designs, but now that i think about it, i actually agree with you. my ears still get a tad sweaty in my k701s nowadays esp. now that summer is upon us.

Jun 14, 2006 at 1:40 PM Post #33 of 36
i need close cans for work...or else i would prob have gotten the HD650. bleh i'll just use my icepack during summer
tongue.gif

Jun 14, 2006 at 1:41 PM Post #34 of 36
Funny enough, I found the A700s comfortable enough to fall asleep with them on, but when I woke up an hour or so later my head was definately abit sweater than normal. Still, when I wear them while watching TV or gaming, I can't say they have that effect. I'd say they're certainly more comfortable for long-term sessions versus my K81DJs, but they don't seal as well and the interesting "wing" headbead design will give you a very interesting case of headphone hair after awhile. The most the K81's gave me was a nasty cowlick.
basshead.gif

Jun 14, 2006 at 11:49 PM Post #35 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chri5peed
My ears get itchy rather than hot, but when I go to the toilet I take them off. So even 8-9 hours music listening is never actually 100% solid.

HAHA!! I get the 'itchy' feeling too when I take off my A900's, for me it itches behind my ears. Also when I first put them on and the music hits, I get this little tingle in my ears.

They do definately get hot, I can only wear them for about an hour or 2 before I gotta take them off and readjust

Jun 15, 2006 at 12:35 AM Post #36 of 36
I've never had this problem with my A500s. I can leave them on all day and sometimes forget that I have them on. The pads on both sides look like this though:

a5002wm.jpg

Guess I should replace them. Even worse though, there is a loose cord in the plug and the phones don't work until after I jiggle it around some. This started happening with the original plug too and I replaced it. Now it's happening with the one I put on.
mad.gif
They seem to be falling apart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back