a900's + bluetak + cotton = ??
May 24, 2004 at 12:04 AM Post #6 of 12
lets keep this topic BUMPED! i'm interested in seeing if anyone did this mod, and what results they achieved.
600smile.gif

May 24, 2004 at 4:34 AM Post #7 of 12
i am doing it tommarow, if i can get the blue tak. if i cant, i am going to be doing it real soon. my a900's have 100+ hours of burn in, so i am sure they are burnt in and i will post my opinions about it.

May 25, 2004 at 1:45 AM Post #9 of 12
bass hits harder. the only problem is, i used a whole pack of it to even have enough to spread it all around, well, i might of had enough for 2 but i used a lot i guess and i only got one pack at school, so only my right side has it in right now. Im going to go pick up some more tommarow. The thing is, the inside of the a900's already has some foam thing, so you cant add cotton balls. i think i put in too much tak. I had some trouble putting the cups back on. just a little, with a small push and voila it worked. wasnt like i had to shove it in with a lot of energy..

i'd like someone who is very good with headphones and a true audiophile to listen to these. It shouldnt take more than 10 minutes for one side.. lookin at you iron dreamer
wink.gif

May 25, 2004 at 2:20 AM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by eMpAtHy
bass hits harder. the only problem is, i used a whole pack of it to even have enough to spread it all around, well, i might of had enough for 2 but i used a lot i guess and i only got one pack at school, so only my right side has it in right now. Im going to go pick up some more tommarow. The thing is, the inside of the a900's already has some foam thing, so you cant add cotton balls. i think i put in too much tak. I had some trouble putting the cups back on. just a little, with a small push and voila it worked. wasnt like i had to shove it in with a lot of energy..

i'd like someone who is very good with headphones and a true audiophile to listen to these. It shouldnt take more than 10 minutes for one side.. lookin at you iron dreamer
wink.gif

Well it's only a 3hr drive (for you not me
biggrin.gif
).

BTW I've done this to both my former K271S and current HFI650DVD with only positive results, so I see no reason why it wouldn't help the A900 as well. Seems to me that any closed can without wood cups would benefit from less internal resonance. That's why I can't wait to get some of Larry's woodie cups
biggrin.gif

May 25, 2004 at 2:42 AM Post #11 of 12
hehe i have finals in exactily a week, i dont think i'm going to be driving anywhere anytime soon. I gotta get my other pack of blue tak for me to actually be able to listen to them..kinda hard when i have to mute one side and listen to the other. ill list my results tomarrow. I'll see if i can get some more from school for free(yippe!) if not, ill see if they have them at walgreens. I went to rite-aid yesterday and they didnt have them :\

May 25, 2004 at 2:48 AM Post #12 of 12
i just did this mod - the cotton yesterday. i didnt want to ruin my sticky tak stuff and there wasnt room. there is a LOT of foam in the a900's already. i couldnt give you impressions of exactly what it does to the sound because i dont have 2 sets to a/b and mine are only 4 days old, therefore not broken in. all i can tell you is i didnt like it one bit. the highs seemed harsh and the bass didnt change. the only real improvement was i thought the mids, mostly guitars sounded a little nicer. i took it out after like 2 hours of listening and i like my 1900s more then ever!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back