A900 owners UNITE!!
May 30, 2004 at 3:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

null

Headphoneus Supremus
God, I can't believe how much I am loving my A900s. Sound GREAT (don't need an amp!), very comfortable, lightweight, beautiful... the list goes on and on! I haven't regretted buying these things. Ever since I first saw them, I knew they were the perfect match for me. The sparkling metallic blue paint, the soft and supple pleather earpads, the... (BLAH BLAH BLAH!!)

Anyway, I'd just like to personally THANK (yes, you heard me correctly, THANK!)
any A900 owner out there for deciding to buy one hell of a good can!

May 30, 2004 at 6:13 AM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by oneeyedhobbit
I'm a former A900 owner and loved mine too...but, umm...no reason for this fanboy attitude..

what's wrong with loving what you have?

May 30, 2004 at 6:18 AM Post #4 of 9
A900's are the real deal. I'm very happy with mine
orphsmile.gif

May 30, 2004 at 9:09 AM Post #7 of 9
Got my A900s at the recommendation of various head-fi-ers a few months back.

Very happy overall. Initially a little disappointed with the bass response, but they seem to be getting better (maybe my ear is adjusting or they're burning in or both). Listening to familiar music is quite a revalation, and they certainly highlight the vastly superior audio out from my Powerbook G4 versus the crappy motherboard audio from my PC...

Look fantastic apart from some slightly dodgy looking plastic mouldings (see other thread).

Very happy overall, but eyeing an upgrade to some CD3000s at some point in the future.

May 30, 2004 at 9:17 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by one-eyed-xander
Got my A900s at the recommendation of various head-fi-ers a few months back.

Very happy overall. Initially a little disappointed with the bass response, but they seem to be getting better (maybe my ear is adjusting or they're burning in or both). Listening to familiar music is quite a revalation, and they certainly highlight the vastly superior audio out from my Powerbook G4 versus the crappy motherboard audio from my PC...

Look fantastic apart from some slightly dodgy looking plastic mouldings (see other thread).

Very happy overall, but eyeing an upgrade to some CD3000s at some point in the future.

It's just the cheap pvc AT uses for the A900 earpads, the build of the cups and other headphone parts are top notch. Audio Cubes sells A1000 replacement pads made out of higher quality material that fits the A900. Audio Cubes sells both A900 and A1000 pads for $49.00 a pair (which isn't cheap), so you're better off buying the higher quality A1000 pads when the time comes to replace the pads.

May 30, 2004 at 2:27 PM Post #9 of 9
I just got a pair of A900's after hearing about how much people love them, i was originally going to get the Grado 225's but i heard some negitive things about them (they leak sound like a mother) which probably wounld be cool with my roommate. I bought the A900's because it seems like anyone and everyone that buys them loves them, i havent heard anyone say anything is totally off about the sound, or the comfort. So anyway thats why i got them. One of the best audio investments i ever made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back