A829 or S739?
Oct 30, 2008 at 11:36 AM Post #2 of 19
A829 if you need the bluetooth for headphones, A729 if you don't. Otherwise both have all the same bells and whistles. I don't use the bluetooth myself, I just managed to squeak by w/a better deal, cost me less for the higher end model - if you wan't to call BT high end.

Oct 30, 2008 at 8:54 PM Post #4 of 19
as far as i know the s-series should be better than the a-series in sound and sq terms, but thats only what i've read in the sony dap thread
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 31, 2008 at 12:39 AM Post #5 of 19
A720 and A820 are identical except for BT support on A820.

S630 and S730 are identical except for NC+NC earphone on S730.

-A has bigger screen compared to S but same pixel resolution.
-A hiss more than S.
-S is slimmest Walkman and smaller than A.
-S has longer playback time. (S 40/10 against A 36/9.5 for music/video)
-FM, Theme, Wallpaper, SenseMe functions added for S.

*A refers to A720/A820, S refers to S630/S730

Oct 31, 2008 at 8:26 AM Post #7 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Calexico /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A829 looks cooler
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm kinda' partial to the sexinessof the S Series myself!!!

NWZS638FREDWM.png

Now if I could ONLY get this sexy beast in 16gb!!!
biggrin.gif

Nov 1, 2008 at 1:44 PM Post #9 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by shadowwinds /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lol still can't decide between this and the 4G nano D=

IF you can get the 16gb S Series I'd say it's a better option than the 4G nano. The SQ, battery life, screen quality, the custom wallpaper & themes, the EQ (with 2 CUSTOM SETTINGS), the build quality, all this equates to a better deal across the board. Even @8gb, this is the small capacity flash player to beat - period. I doubt you'd be disappointed if you make it your baby!!!
biggrin.gif

Nov 2, 2008 at 12:47 PM Post #14 of 19
Nope. They sound different. I had the Touch 2G, and I have the Sony A829. The SQ, IMO, is much better on the Sony than the Touch. The Touch 2G is slightly better sounding than the Nano 4g. The new Sony S63X series sounds better than my A829. Now, you decide whats best for you. Either way, you'll still be very happy whichever way you choose.
1 final thing, concerning the EQ. IF you do EQ your music, stay away from the Nano, or pretty much any iPod. The EQ is horrible on them. The Sony players all shine in this area, as the EQ, and all the sound enhancements, sound WONDERFUL. The EQ should be what you base your final decision on ATP, so now, the ball is in your court!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back