A2 and burn in?
Jan 24, 2009 at 11:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

bikeboy999

100+ Head-Fier
Hey all,

I purchased a set of the speakers for my son today. And have connected them to my CA 640c V2 via rca cables. Between the speakers I used the old NAIM speaker wire I had laying around. After the first three hours the sound stage is really opening up, and it got me to wondering hwo much time to spend on breaking in the speakers. I was thinking because they are smaller would they require less time? BTW for computer speakers they are really fine, he is going to be so happy after the Fubar III comes in and he gets to use them himself???? Boy is this wallet ever going to stop opening?

B
darthsmile.gif

Jan 25, 2009 at 12:46 AM Post #2 of 3
why not the Fubar II, if you just need USB to RCA? (or do you need the preamp or hp output?)

as far as burn-in on them, normally I give components at least 50 hours, if not more, smaller doesn't always mean less time, look at AKG K701's as an example, they have (relatively) small drivers, and take AGES (we're talking like weeks to months) to fully burn-in

while I've had full range tower speakers be mostly burned-in sounding after 20-30 hours of playback at (admittedly) above reasonable volume levels

generally, while I do consider 50~ hours to be a good starting point (unless I know ahead of time about a longer burn-in requirement, like K701's), I'll leave either FM radio or my computer playing into them for ~10 hours while at work or in class or whatever, before even trying to listen (for speakers or headphones)

just my thoughts

Jan 25, 2009 at 3:36 AM Post #3 of 3
I'd say 50 hours is sufficient for these speakers and they do get better with burn in. At first mine had some distortion when I gave them a little volume but now the only time I get any distortion is when I give them too much volume which one doesn't need anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back