A worthy complement to Grado RS-1
Jan 30, 2012 at 8:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

joe chill

New Head-Fier
Hi there, I recently fell in love with the idea of portable sound and decided to try out a pair of Grado RS1 which I don't regret the least. They are wonderful with a lot of the acoustic music that I listen to.

However, they are a bit too moderate in the base region when it comes to my library of electronic music and I seem to miss the lower regions of the bass many times. Therefore, I want to widen my "headphone park" with a nother pair of cans.

What Im looking for is a set that go great with dance and electronic music as well as movies. I have set my sights on Denon, either the 5000- or the 7000 series. I prefer a closed design. Sadly I have no possibility of trying them out before purchase due to a lack of retailers where I live so I would appreciate all the info I can get before I invest my money. Are the Denons a good choose for me or are there better options out there that I have missed?

Regards/ Joe 

Jan 30, 2012 at 8:33 AM Post #2 of 2
The 5000 and 7000 are basically as good as it gets when it comes to tight, balanced bass, you also have the Pro900 for hard hitting bass and DT-770 Pro 80 for bass on a budget, that's really about it for high end bass, you won't be disappointed with the 5000/7000 though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back