A Vote About the Headphone Jack Position of Bluetooth DAC/Amps

For Bluetooth DAC, will you accept putting the headphone jack on the sides to optimize the voloume?

• A. The headphone jacks are put at the top.

Votes: 102 80.3%
  • B. The headphone jacks are put on the left and right sides.

Votes: 25 19.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 17, 2021 at 3:37 AM Post #17 of 42
Bottom would be my choice, but since there are only top and side, I choose top.

with competitor going out with both 2.5 and 4.4, why can't FiiO do it too? it will make the dimension larger yes, but it will be more convenient for all people. I'm new in HiFi, so I only have 2.5mm balanced cable so far, I have to buy another 4.4mm cable for my FH3 and this new BTR, the extra cost makes me suffer.

other things I hope to see in this new BTR is how the dual DAC should workout for 3.5mm too and improvement in the bluetooth quality connection.

Jun 17, 2021 at 11:08 AM Post #19 of 42
No need for 4.4mm (for me), but top or bottom jack placement or I need a different cable setup

pix (2).jpg

Jun 17, 2021 at 1:18 PM Post #20 of 42
I know I belong to a minority, but I never understood why people hate 2,5 so much and prefer 4,4. Imo 2,5 is much more versatile than 4,4 because by using an adapter you can easily make a 3,5 or 4,4 plug out of any 2,5 plug. That is not as easy with a 4,4 plug because adapters need to be huge. Also I think it is just a rumor that 2,5 plugs break easier and it cannot be supported by statistics. But anyway buyers have chosen 4,4…maybe because bigger plugs give more “substantial” haptics to Hi-Fi fans, what they have always liked 😉

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2021 at 2:21 PM Post #22 of 42
I know I am a minority, but I never understood why people hate 2,5 so much and prefer 4,4. Imo 2,5 is much more versatile than 4,4 because by using an adapter you can easily make a 3,5 or 4,4 plug out of any 2,5 plug. That is not as easy with a 4,4 plug because adapters need to be huge. Also I think it is just a rumor that 2,5 plugs break easier that could not be supported by statistics. But anyway buyers have chosesn…maybe because bigger plugs give more “substantial” haptics to Hi-Fi fans, what they like 😉
I'm with you. To flip that around, though: because 2.5mm makes such a good modular termination, it hardly matters what jack is on the amp. There are these really nice, ultra-low profile adapters from ddhifi that turn my 2.5mm cables into whatever I want, and it's all nice and compact.

Jun 17, 2021 at 3:18 PM Post #23 of 42
I know I belong to a minority, but I never understood why people hate 2,5 so much and prefer 4,4. Imo 2,5 is much more versatile than 4,4 because by using an adapter you can easily make a 3,5 or 4,4 plug out of any 2,5 plug. That is not as easy with a 4,4 plug because adapters need to be huge. Also I think it is just a rumor that 2,5 plugs break easier and it cannot be supported by statistics. But anyway buyers have chosen 4,4…maybe because bigger plugs give more “substantial” haptics to Hi-Fi fans, what they have always liked 😉
I had 3 2.5 end break. I can't say th same about 3.5 or 4.4

Jun 17, 2021 at 3:24 PM Post #24 of 42
I had 3 2.5 end break. I can't say th same about 3.5 or 4.4
Well, i actually have experience with one broken 4,4 and never broke a 2,5. But these are all individual experiences and if some of us post those things here, other people will read it and just get the impression that something breaks easier or more difficult...but it does not tell us anything about real statistics. If I remember correctly some of the AK staff have posted here that AK has researched this and could not find any evidence of 2,5 breaking easier. In addidion: What part of the construction would be the reason for breaking easier, in your opinion? Just because it is smaller?

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2021 at 3:50 PM Post #25 of 42
I will say this, FiiO: I'm listening to the ES9219 right now, and you shouldn't hesitate to let the price go up a little to incorporate it. It's really nice. I won't be surprised if it is regarded as the most desirable portable DAC chip once word starts to get around.

Also, please turn on the 9219's built-in MQA support. It's a damned shame to have a chip with support built in at the hardware level that's being ignored.

Jun 17, 2021 at 5:45 PM Post #27 of 42
I will say this, FiiO: I'm listening to the ES9219 right now, and you shouldn't hesitate to let the price go up a little to incorporate it. It's really nice. I won't be surprised if it is regarded as the most desirable portable DAC chip once word starts to get around.

Also, please turn on the 9219's built-in MQA support. It's a damned shame to have a chip with support built in at the hardware level that's being ignored.
Which device?

Jun 17, 2021 at 10:05 PM Post #29 of 42
Well, i actually have experience with one broken 4,4 and never broke a 2,5. But these are all individual experiences and if some of us post those things here, other people will read it and have the impression that something breaks easier or more difficult...but it does not tell us anything about real statistics. If I remember correctly some of the AK staff have posted here that AK has researched this and could not find any evidence of 2,5 breaking easier. In addidion: What part of the construction would be the reason for breaking easier, in your opinion? Just because it is smaller?
It deals mainly with the size of the connector and the ease of which it dislodges from the port. The 2.5 is thinner and has a little more grip to it that the 4.4 coming into and exiting the female port. Those aspects cause it to not fully release and then bend in the port breaking it. The 4.4 doesn't grip as well. It is similar to a 1/4 inch jack how easily it slips in and out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back