A very expensive chinese knockoff product
Nov 10, 2008 at 11:56 AM Post #2 of 10
Well some pimp some where that love bling bling will probably buy that the same way they put rims on a ford tempo can't beat the bling.

Still useless and expensive for a cell anyway

Nov 10, 2008 at 4:58 PM Post #3 of 10
Blink, bling!
..and probably $450 of it on a $25.99 cellular phone.

Nov 10, 2008 at 8:34 PM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Blink, bling!
..and probably $450 of it on a $25.99 cellular phone.

Same applies for the non rip-off, pretty much, if we're being picky.

But yes, for such a luxury item, a 'cheap' knock-off such as this can surely have very few takers...

Nov 10, 2008 at 9:41 PM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by stewtheking /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Same applies for the non rip-off, pretty much, if we're being picky.

But yes, for such a luxury item, a 'cheap' knock-off such as this can surely have very few takers...

Guess that depends which non rip-off you refer to...

Nov 10, 2008 at 10:04 PM Post #7 of 10
A mate of mine is currently looking into this stupid new (was it Sony?) Xpedia. It's a cellphone that has this sliding keyboard in it. You can internet with it and all. Costs 600€. Then the funny thing today he asked me about laptops. I said lol, why? Basically you are getting one fake half baked laptop which you call a cell phone and then get a real laptop as well. Let me put it this way. He wasn't happy.
wink.gif

Nov 10, 2008 at 10:18 PM Post #8 of 10
$450? Peanuts compared to a real deal Vertu. But I think this whole luxury phone market is lame. The iPhone and phones like the HTC Touch Pro, that diamond-shape pattern Sony phone, these are worth paying large amounts for.

Nov 11, 2008 at 12:44 PM Post #9 of 10
I don't understand why people would want a fake one. What message does that send? I do have a friend who has an Ascent Racetrack Legend and a Signature but most people don't even know what the heck it is anyway. The Ascent looks pretty classy, but I prefer the 8800 Arte Carbon over any of the gaudy, odd-looking Signature line. The luxury mobile phone market is a little odd indeed, but I guess some people like to know that their SIM-card drawer is made of solid gold
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by apatN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A mate of mine is currently looking into this stupid new (was it Sony?) Xpedia. It's a cellphone that has this sliding keyboard in it. You can internet with it and all. Costs 600€. Then the funny thing today he asked me about laptops. I said lol, why? Basically you are getting one fake half baked laptop which you call a cell phone and then get a real laptop as well. Let me put it this way. He wasn't happy.
wink.gif

I'm actually considering the SE Xperia X1
redface.gif
You can't carry your laptop in your pocket, so I'll make do with a "half-baked" one
tongue.gif

Nov 15, 2008 at 9:44 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm actually considering the SE Xperia X1
redface.gif
You can't carry your laptop in your pocket, so I'll make do with a "half-baked" one
tongue.gif

Yeah the Xperia is actually a very solid phone. Convenience is always important. Since my laptop does games/videos/music better than my iPod, should I just not get an iPod?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back