A very big Thank You
Jul 18, 2002 at 2:54 AM Post #16 of 16
williamgoody
HI: Yes I tried the 580s with my mini disc and total airhead and could get very little volume out of it. Then I tried my mini disc and my supreme amp in portable mod and could get very little volume out of it. It seems that the mini disc at 5 m/w just dont give the amps enough power to work with. In order to get my 580s at their max sound wich is awsome I use my stereo receiver with my cd deck and 2 DiMazio ics to my stereo receiver amp. Then I use 2 DiMazio ics from my stereo receiver tape out to my supreme amp. I also have the replacement cable for my 580s the equinox and then I get this awsome sound that I never heard befor out of my 580s. My stereo receiver is a good one. A sony 500 watt 5.1 but its the cd deck dac that does the source and the ics that get the singnal to my supreme amp and then its a wow sound for the 580s with the equniox cable. I find that the 580s need a good source and a decent amp to sound real good. The better the source, and the better the amp the 580s just go way out there. For me the 580s are the very best headphones that I can afford and have the best sound that I have ever heard. Also the most confitable can I ever had. I cant say enough about the 580s but beware, for they need a good source and a decent amp plus I put out a lot of money on things like 4 ics and a replacement cable to get the sound that I get. I dont think you need all this for the 580s to sound great. I remember a time back when I first got the 580s all I had was the stock cable that came with them and pluged them into my stereo receiver headphone jack and wow was I impressed at the sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back