a very basic question/ v6's
Sep 21, 2002 at 1:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

not

New Head-Fier
hola all,

i am a complete newbie to headphones and thanks to the reviews here i decided to buy a pair of sony v6's (perhaps one of the last from millionbuy.com eh). i have a very basic question for you all though...

why do i hear a soft fuzz when my phones are pluged into my stereo, and why do i hear a sudden jump in the volume of that fuzz when i go from 12 to 13 on volume?

i have a admittedly common stereo...a kenwood 104ar receiver, would the fuzz go away if i had better equipment?

am i just being paranoid? i don't hear this fuzz from my speakers though, and it is still there no matter whether i am using my cd player or my record player.

would the burn in time that you all bring up change any of this?

thanks for your reviews. you all have a very friendly forum here.

take care,
not

ps. i think you can still order the v6's at djmart.com

Sep 21, 2002 at 4:18 AM Post #2 of 6
i switched over to the plug on my cd player and DJ Shadow sounds great. i don't know what i am going to do about listening to records though.

maybe someone can recomend a cheap, warm amp?

i might go for the pad switch people mention too.

not

Sep 21, 2002 at 8:43 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally posted by not
i switched over to the plug on my cd player and DJ Shadow sounds great. i don't know what i am going to do about listening to records though.

maybe someone can recomend a cheap, warm amp?

i might go for the pad switch people mention too.

not

If the record player is giving you fuzz, then perhaps it's not grounded correctly? Make sure that's sorted properly first.

If it's not that, then... hrm, I'm not sure. I got incredible amounts of fuzz/hiss on my old computer with a ****ty soundcard, but never on a CD player/receiver, so I don't know.

- Chris

Sep 21, 2002 at 1:39 PM Post #4 of 6
Suggest you catch up with the Vintage Amplifier thread under the amplifier section of this board.

Sep 21, 2002 at 8:38 PM Post #5 of 6
dj shadow eh not? which album? what do you think about his newest? have you heard unkle?

"producing...."

Sep 22, 2002 at 3:03 AM Post #6 of 6
dj shadow eh not? which album? what do you think about his newest? have you heard unkle?

well i was listening to Endtroducing, which is just amazing as i guess you know, but yeah i have the new one. i got the one with the bonus cd, which has a nice little live set on it. i like the album in general...it has a different tone than the first, not quite so cool, more intelectual but with the occational fly beat. i like the track with the hands clapping a lot. i usually skip those letters tracks.

i think he is a master at what he does in general. i feel like he is very sincere and respectful about his work and that comes through in his cds. i respect that he is just putting out these amazing albums at his own pace...no waste you know.

sometime i feel like i am watching some kung fu master catching arrows out of the air when i listen to him.

no i haven't heard unkle...that is that thing he collaborated on right? do you like it?

did you see that movie Scratch?

not

Users who are viewing this thread

Back