a typical friday or saturday .....
Jul 21, 2002 at 1:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

ray4jc

100+ Head-Fier
just wondering what everyone does on a typical friday or saturday night???

and yeah this is just so i can have 150 posts...
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

ray
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 21, 2002 at 2:07 AM Post #2 of 11
jack ****...its too damn hot to go out...where's winter when you need it?

very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 21, 2002 at 11:56 AM Post #5 of 11
On a typical Saturday....

I usually stay up late friday evening so I end up stopping in bed 'til say 9-10am on a Saturday morning.

Have breakfast. Usually a Bacon and Egg banjo
very_evil_smiley.gif

Then at around lunchtime I go down to the riverfront and spend the next few hours aboard my 1960 Side Trawler, the Arctic Corsair.

riverhull.jpg

Read more about her here. http://www.arctic-corsair.co.uk (now you know where my handle comes from!) BTW, this a proper Trawler, not one of those pleasure boats you have on the other side of the pond.
biggrin.gif
:

Usually come home, have tea and then spend the rest of the evening working on my website, listening to the live concert on Planet Rock Radio and then maybe watch the premier movie on Sky (Satellite) TV.

No work on a Sunday either so I can stop up late and just chill.

Sound as Ever!
Listening to Motorhead - Ace Of Spades
Krell MD10/Studio >-- Audiolab 8000q >-- 2 x Tubetech Genesis Monoblocks (EL34) Tubified! >-- ProAc Response 1SCs

Jul 21, 2002 at 3:00 PM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by Trawlerman
On a typical Saturday....

I usually stay up late friday evening so I end up stopping in bed 'til say 9-10am on a Saturday morning.

Have breakfast. Usually a Bacon and Egg banjo
very_evil_smiley.gif

Then at around lunchtime I go down to the riverfront and spend the next few hours aboard my 1960 Side Trawler, the Arctic Corsair.

riverhull.jpg

Read more about her here. http://www.arctic-corsair.co.uk (now you know where my handle comes from!) BTW, this a proper Trawler, not one of those pleasure boats you have on the other side of the pond.
biggrin.gif
:

Usually come home, have tea and then spend the rest of the evening working on my website, listening to the live concert on Planet Rock Radio and then maybe watch the premier movie on Sky (Satellite) TV.

No work on a Sunday either so I can stop up late and just chill.

Sound as Ever!
Listening to Motorhead - Ace Of Spades
Krell MD10/Studio >-- Audiolab 8000q >-- 2 x Tubetech Genesis Monoblocks (EL34) Tubified! >-- ProAc Response 1SCs

Nice pics, one thing though I always thought it rained up near hull??
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Also check out totalrock on sky 885 much better than planet rock (imho obviously!) If you is a classic rock fan then check out doom and co between 6+9 (used to be 6-12 but the gits changed it
mad.gif
)

My friday night? Completly knackered after work so go home have something to eat, spend an hour or so in front of the pc and then go watch wwe before collapsing on the bed!

Jul 21, 2002 at 7:49 PM Post #7 of 11
Errm...I don't usually talk about this to people I don't know, but I go to deathrock/industrial clubs when I am not working at the theater. It's actually a lot of fun. There is just something cool about a DJ who plays bauhaus and siouxsie.

Jul 21, 2002 at 7:52 PM Post #8 of 11
HI:
When you are 60 you might as well say monday or tuesday They are all the same but I do seem to remember when fir and sat nite was a big deal and had lots of fun and got into lots of trouble and meet lots of girls oh well the good old days. But i dont miss going to jail for there were a few weekends I spent there totally inacent of course. You see I never did anythink wrong and was just misunderstood.

Jul 21, 2002 at 8:07 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by davidcotton

Nice pics, one thing though I always thought it rained up near hull??
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Also check out totalrock on sky 885 much better than planet rock (imho obviously!) If you is a classic rock fan then check out doom and co between 6+9 (used to be 6-12 but the gits changed it
mad.gif
)

My friday night? Completly knackered after work so go home have something to eat, spend an hour or so in front of the pc and then go watch wwe before collapsing on the bed!

David,

It usually does rain up here. We seem to get more than our fair share of the weather!

It absolutely P@£$ed it down on Saturday and I ended up spending around 2hours in the messdeck drinking coffee whilst it eased off. At one point it was bouncing around a foot off the deck. Whilst it was raining I had to go around and find all the leeks we had :frowning2:

Weather wasn't as bad as this though....
corsairsplash.jpg

but it was getting there
wink.gif

Sound as Ever

Jul 23, 2002 at 4:06 AM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by LTUCCI1924
HI:
When you are 60 you might as well say monday or tuesday They are all the same but I do seem to remember when fir and sat nite was a big deal and had lots of fun and got into lots of trouble and meet lots of girls oh well the good old days. But i dont miss going to jail for there were a few weekends I spent there totally inacent of course. You see I never did anythink wrong and was just misunderstood.

hehe
wink.gif
sounds like you had some wild times.

But the upside is that you can now enjoy your headphones a lot more than in the old days! Just like I do--that's one of my main weekend activities.

Actually I usually work late on Friday (7-10 pm, varies) to finish stuff I could not get to earlier. Music is on from about 6 pm on since no one else is around. Then I'm out for a meal at a restaurant, then home and some late night gaming/music/surfing.

Saturday I'm up at the crack of noon, for more entertainment...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back