A TREAD sized regulator - the r1
Nov 5, 2011 at 6:15 PM Post #152 of 189
The build was pretty straight forward.  It just worked first try.  I was pretty careful and took my time. The parts all fit easily.  The only things I'd change are Q2 and add a silk screen on the bottom (which I'm sure you already have your your list for the production boards).  I'll post pictures when I finish my +/- 15V boards.  They will be more interesting.

Jan 16, 2012 at 1:45 PM Post #153 of 189
I finally got one of these built myself -

My LNMP is out of commission temporarily, but I'll have some measurements when it's available.  I haven't plugged it in yet, but will try to later today or tomorrow.  I built it for 24VDC and everything should be OK - Q2 is reversed and that was the main thing.
smily_headphones1.gif

EDIT:  Looks like I didn't edit the second photo link after copying and pasting it.  It should show two separate pics, now.

Jan 31, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #154 of 189
Looks like a really great, compact build. Thanks for sharing your builds, guys. I'm curious to see what LNMP says. I've started up the LNMP project myself. Any word on production for these boards? I have some old TREAD boards but I'd like to try this for a turntable project.

Jan 31, 2012 at 5:59 PM Post #155 of 189

Quote:
Looks like a really great, compact build. Thanks for sharing your builds, guys. I'm curious to see what LNMP says. I've started up the LNMP project myself. Any word on production for these boards? I have some old TREAD boards but I'd like to try this for a turntable project.

Cobaltmute and I agree that we want documented measurements before ordering a production run.  Hopefully, mine will be repaired soon and I'll have some hard data to report.

Mar 5, 2012 at 3:47 AM Post #156 of 189
I finally was able to set aside time to assemble my prototype. Better late than never I suppose. Did not run into any real difficulties. The location of pin 1 on the opamp was not obvious to me, but the posted photos helped. Had to look up the schematic to confirm which pads C2 was supposed to be placed on, which is arguably a good thing. Thanks cobaltmute, tomb, and everyone!

Apr 8, 2012 at 10:54 AM Post #158 of 189
Apr 22, 2012 at 11:47 PM Post #160 of 189
I am the jerk who's had cobaltmute's r1 for over a year and still have not tested it. I didn't realize how busy my life would be and entering a program at a new school where I don't do anything with electronics has made it difficult to get a hold of equipment. ..okay these are poor excuses.

I have located the equipment I need and plan to make these measurements within a month (I imagine cobaltmute rolling his eyes right now). Really I'm pledging to get this done and am looking forward to the results.

Apr 23, 2012 at 8:05 AM Post #161 of 189
rds,

Plain and simple "Life happens".

With the number of people that are waiting for me to finish what I'm doing with the pupDAC, I can't be one to point fingers. I'm just as guilty as you are.

Jul 5, 2012 at 12:25 AM Post #165 of 189
When available to the general public, is it possible to use two of these to create a bi-polar power supply?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back