A strange request.
Feb 25, 2012 at 10:06 PM Post #2 of 36
The headphone for you, without a doubt, is the (in)famous AKG K701/K702/Q701. They have a very wide soundstage, along with great definition. But they really don't have much bass. You could say that this further elevates their analytical characteristics. Many people say that they sound completely sterile, which should be perfect! 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oh, but you are going to need an amplifier for them. Does that count?

Feb 25, 2012 at 10:06 PM Post #3 of 36
What's your budget ?  

Beyerdynamic DT48?  Sennhesier HD800?  as well as the above post. Do you want a neutral, more treble oriented, or still with some bass or?

Feb 25, 2012 at 10:36 PM Post #4 of 36
If you don't have a "cold calculating detailed analytical" DAC yet, the DAC1 has gotta be the king of those adjectives. And I'll second the K701 for that description, too. I'm not sure if I'd call the HE-6 cold, but it is definitely detailed.

Feb 25, 2012 at 11:09 PM Post #6 of 36
Whatever works!
popcorn.gif

I am curious to see other suggestions and what they decide upon in the end!

Feb 26, 2012 at 2:59 AM Post #9 of 36

Quote:
The headphone for you, without a doubt, is the (in)famous AKG K701/K702/Q701. They have a very wide soundstage, along with great definition. But they really don't have much bass. You could say that this further elevates their analytical characteristics. Many people say that they sound completely sterile, which should be perfect! 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oh, but you are going to need an amplifier for them. Does that count?

I'd pull the Q 701 out from that group, as it certainly is not cold.  In addition the Q 701 has more bass than its brethren.

Feb 26, 2012 at 7:08 AM Post #11 of 36
Going by the OP's signature and since a budget and music preferences haven't been specified, Stax SR-009.  Sorry about your wallet and all that. 
biggrin.gif

Feb 26, 2012 at 11:05 AM Post #14 of 36
Quote:
Since no one's mentioned it yet, SRH940. I own one, and I like it. It's so cold and detailed that it'll make you fall asleep listening to music.

THIS!

Feb 26, 2012 at 12:08 PM Post #15 of 36
The first thing I thought of was the ER4P IEM. It has a very digital, dry sound with good bass and treble extension that stays neutral.  The DT48 will also fit your needs, but I wouldn't call it cold or warm. For the DT48, it depends heavily on the recording. Its basically a chameleon but it is rolled off heavily on both ends. The midrange is just crazy good. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back