a Source of Brand New panasonic sl-ct570 (5),
post-149699
Post #1 of 4

Aushadi

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
Hello all you Head-Fi'ers!

This is my first post: WELCOME to the Asylum!

In case anyone might be interested, I have found a source of brand-new, in orig. sealed-plastic,
sl-ct570's - 5 of 'em.
I am not selling these. As you may know, pana. has a number of locations in the US where they do refurb/service. They also sell refurbished eqpt. Have been dealing with a very nice lady out of the Lancaster(?), PA facility.
For $84.95 + shp'g + tax(all 50 states), I got a totally new, in original plastic package, (for hanging on a metal display-type-hook), ct570 - complete with 1 yr. warranty, Nimh batt's, etc.

The interesting thing is that this is just 1 of the several service locations. There may well be more of this player or other out-of-production items at the other facilities. You could check w/panasonic's home site for the location of the other refurb centers.

Anyway, the lady in PA is Maureen Allred. She can be reached at 215-741-0904, where you may have to wait on hold for an interminable period, (she's the only one doing the phones!); so, it might be better to email her: AllredM@panasonic.com

Quote: What am I getting myself into?!

post-159524
Post #2 of 4

dinosauract

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. Price is now $65.02 + tax + ship. I ordered two at that price.

post-160347
Post #3 of 4

Aushadi

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
So glad to be of service. It doesn't bother me at all that you paid $20 @ less.
Oh well,...

I guess I can assume that you have revised your "ct570 impressions not good" of 7/22"!

post-160370
Post #4 of 4

dinosauract

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
I was surprised by the price drop as well. The funny thing is I called last week and they quoted me the $84.95 price, and they had two. I was originally planning to pick the units up at their facility as I live near Lancaster, PA. The place is actually in Langhorne, near Philly, too far to drive. When I called them back to order and have them shipped, she said they had 16 of them and the price would be $65.02. (Maybe in a month or so they'll be giving them away).

Thanks for reminding me of my other post. The 570 did indeed improve quite a bit upon break-in. But you do have to be careful not to scratch the aluminum lid. I'll update the other post.

BTW, have you tried yours with an 80 min. CDR at all? I know my older Panasonice would simply stop playing at about 75 minutes, I wonder if this model handles them better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)