A Sordid Headphone Tale
Mar 14, 2006 at 7:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Scotty757

500+ Head-Fier
So, I was riding the train home from the hospital last night (I go to school there) when I decided to stop off for a bite to eat. I live in Houston, and thought nothing of that area of town I was stopping off in.

Long story short, I was listening to my old Sony PCDP (the ipod was out of batteries), had my brand-new e5c's in my ears, and Massive Attack's Mezzanine blasting pretty loud, when I had a knife pulled on me. The fellow asked for my wallet, which I didnt have (I was just carrying a little cash). He the proceeded to grab the cd player, and run off.

Basically, he stole MAYBE $10 worth of cd player, leaving $500 worth of IEM dangling from my ears.

Needless to say, it was a good night.

580smile.gif

Mar 14, 2006 at 7:37 PM Post #2 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scotty757
So, I was riding the train home from the hospital last night (I go to school there) when I decided to stop off for a bite to eat. I live in Houston, and thought nothing of that area of town I was stopping off in.

Long story short, I was listening to my old Sony PCDP (the ipod was out of batteries), had my brand-new e5c's in my ears, and Massive Attack's Mezannine blasting pretty loud, when I had a knife pulled on me. The fellow asked for my wallet, which I didnt have (I was just carrying a little cash). He the proceeded to grab the cd player, and run off.

Basically, he stole MAYBE $10 worth of cd player, leaving $500 worth of IEM dangling from my ears.

580smile.gif

He stole your copy of Mezzanine along with that PCDP, right? So a little more than $10....
tongue.gif

Mar 14, 2006 at 8:07 PM Post #5 of 19
That's pretty funny, I can just picture you standing there with a kinda stunned look trying to figure out what just happened and the cord from your IEMs dangling....

Glad you are OK!

Mar 14, 2006 at 8:28 PM Post #7 of 19
Quote:

580smile.gif

In Texas, he's damn lucky he wasn't out-gunned
smily_headphones1.gif

I had a car stolen years back. There wasn't much in it of value, but suffice it to say that they left my $200 designer sunglasses untouched but made off with my dad's prescription sunglasses... and he's damn near blind without them. They're like looking through glass block!

Idiots.

Mar 14, 2006 at 8:36 PM Post #10 of 19
well, theres nothing like the threat of a bad thing NOT happening to make other things seem better. So, the fact that I still own my e5c's makes everything else seem fantastic!

Mar 14, 2006 at 8:49 PM Post #11 of 19
Pathetic how people are. I woulda strangled him with my headphone cord....lol
icon10.gif

Mar 14, 2006 at 10:07 PM Post #13 of 19
you're lucky you understood him - i hear those IEMs can isolate pretty well! and amazing that he didn't yank the IEMs loose - they really musta been deep in your ears! and if he DID yank him out, ruptured eardrum time? now THAT is a bad day!

Mar 14, 2006 at 10:18 PM Post #14 of 19
Quote:

Long story short, I was listening to my old Sony PCDP (the ipod was out of batteries), had my brand-new e5c's in my ears, and Massive Attack's Mezzanine blasting pretty loud, when I had a knife pulled on me. The fellow asked for my wallet, which I didnt have (I was just carrying a little cash). He the proceeded to grab the cd player, and run off.

580smile.gif

glad you are OK.
It would be quite amazing if the fellow took your E5c and left you the cheap CD player..haha.. then you could ask him "are u audiophile too? "

Mar 14, 2006 at 10:30 PM Post #15 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n
Pathetic how people are. I woulda strangled him with my headphone cord....lol
icon10.gif

nod.. E5c is solid choice, since it has thicker and stronger cord than wimpy ER4P. hiahia!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back