A solution for running (player + headphone) < 200$
Aug 28, 2018 at 3:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

extrabigmehdi

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi ,
My old earbuds for sport died because of broken cables (ksc 75 & pmx 680). That's why I thought it might be a good idea to switch to something wireless . But my old sansa player doesn't support Bluetooth (also it's probably outdated) , and I don't want to run with a smartphone.(Mine is heavy, it's a phablet).

I sweat a lot, I want something that stays on ear while moving, enough volume, enough bass, and hopefully some durability. I'm not necessarily a fan of IEMS while running, as I want to be aware of the presence of cars near me. (so no big isolation).

Can you recommend me a player + earbud solution. Preferably something that can be easily found on amazon and below 200$.

Thanks

Aug 30, 2018 at 12:11 PM Post #5 of 7
You might look into an RHA MA650 Wireless and see what you think. Possible it could work for you.
Thanks for the suggestion, I decided to go for the more expensive ma750 version instead. I've seen contradictory review about it, some say they are good for gym, other not. But I was convinced by a review at youtube. Also there's not much comparison with the ma650.

I found this video helpful, despite the annoying accent:

Aug 30, 2018 at 11:53 PM Post #7 of 7
Hi ,
My old earbuds for sport died because of broken cables (ksc 75 & pmx 680). That's why I thought it might be a good idea to switch to something wireless . But my old sansa player doesn't support Bluetooth (also it's probably outdated) , and I don't want to run with a smartphone.(Mine is heavy, it's a phablet).
I sweat a lot, I want something that stays on ear while moving, enough volume, enough bass, and hopefully some durability. I'm not necessarily a fan of IEMS while running, as I want to be aware of the presence of cars near me. (so no big isolation).
Can you recommend me a player + earbud solution. Preferably something that can be easily found on amazon and below 200$.
Thanks
Here is a used Sony NMZ-E384 ($55) it's fairly light weight and leaves a lot leftover in your budget for the earbuds.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-Walkman-NWZ-E384-8GB-Digital-Media-Player-NWZE384/192626550146?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Here is some great headphones, Audio Technica ATH-WS99, for only $38.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Audio-Tech...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back