A short (audiophile) guide to Winamp (/w Maiko WASAPI)
Jul 19, 2012 at 9:02 AM Post #16 of 125
I pasted the DLL into my winamp plugins folder but its not showing up in output? I only see disk writer/direct sound output/waveout output. I enabled "Allow 24bit" too in playback. Am I missing something?

EDIT: Looks like this is for Windows7/Vista, not XP. Nevermind :/

Jul 21, 2012 at 9:06 PM Post #19 of 125
Yeah, avg is usually oversensitive x)

I am currently working on my master thesis, but if I get the time I will go in details on how to get bit-to-bit-perfect in exlusive mode

Dec 4, 2012 at 6:26 PM Post #23 of 125
It doesn't play my song after I do this.

They play for about half a second and stop.

Any help?

Edit: Fixed it. had to change my audio settings to 24/96 in windows.....

but now I have a new problem. the songs now skip for about .1 seconds in random places throughout the entire song. All my songs are doing this. Any fix for this?

Edit: Fixed again. Had to turn my power options into "High Performance"

Hopefully if anyone has any problems with the above they'll read this.

Dec 5, 2012 at 5:46 PM Post #24 of 125
Quote:
It doesn't play my song after I do this.
They play for about half a second and stop.
Any help?
Edit: Fixed it. had to change my audio settings to 24/96 in windows.....
but now I have a new problem. the songs now skip for about .1 seconds in random places throughout the entire song. All my songs are doing this. Any fix for this?
Edit: Fixed again. Had to turn my power options into "High Performance"
Hopefully if anyone has any problems with the above they'll read this.

Nice that you've fixed the problems! This will surely help others with the same problem as well :) Some laptops can be a bit hard to work around.

Dec 7, 2012 at 1:51 PM Post #25 of 125
Thank you BleaK for posting this!
I've been thinking about using foobar just for Bit-Perfect playback, but was holding off on it because it doesn't sync well with an Android phone.

Winamp has everything I want from it, and it syncs perfectly with my Android.
I do have a question though.  What would be the difference between Maiko plugin and Asio4All when used in Winamp?

Thanks again!

Dec 7, 2012 at 2:24 PM Post #26 of 125
Quote:
Thank you BleaK for posting this!
I've been thinking about using foobar just for Bit-Perfect playback, but was holding off on it because it doesn't sync well with an Android phone.

Winamp has everything I want from it, and it syncs perfectly with my Android.
I do have a question though.  What would be the difference between Maiko plugin and Asio4All when used in Winamp?

Thanks again!

You're welcome! I'm glad you like it!

I would say there is no difference in the Maiko plugin and asio4all sound wise. However the Maiko have alot more options at hand. I don't use many of the extra things that the Maiko plugin offer (unless the exclusive mode when doing serious listening), but if I wanted to I could delve into alot more. It also handles multiple channels, so if you want to play 5.1-songs Maiko let you do this as well.

Dec 7, 2012 at 2:57 PM Post #27 of 125
Quote:
You're welcome! I'm glad you like it!

I would say there is no difference in the Maiko plugin and asio4all sound wise. However the Maiko have alot more options at hand. I don't use many of the extra things that the Maiko plugin offer (unless the exclusive mode when doing serious listening), but if I wanted to I could delve into alot more. It also handles multiple channels, so if you want to play 5.1-songs Maiko let you do this as well.

Thank you for the quick reply!  I'll be using Maiko then!  :D

Dec 8, 2012 at 11:02 AM Post #28 of 125
Quote:
Thank you for the quick reply!  I'll be using Maiko then!  :D

beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back