A Rumor I heard.
Dec 16, 2007 at 5:06 PM Post #16 of 21
From looking around at all the westones, shures, and UE almost all of them have the style of cord that loops over your ear. Personally I really dislike that style because its uncomfortable and a bit of a hassle. Does anyone have any buds 80-100 dollars that don't have that loop?

Dec 16, 2007 at 5:48 PM Post #17 of 21
Check out the Audio Technica ATH-CK7. They should cost about $75 shipped. They can be worn either hanging down or wrapped around the ear. I always wear 'em straight down. They sound fantastic and there is no doubting the build quality. They are made out of titanium and made in Japan.

Regarding the Vibe... I owned an OVC T25 and they were not bad. Not amazing, but a decent listen. I've since tried another factory's version from the HK electronics fair and they were not nearly as good. OVC is among the top Chinese headphone suppliers (they manufacture for Sony, Panasonic, AT, Pioneer, etc) but because of that they are more expensive than other suppliers and have larger minimum orders.

Dec 16, 2007 at 10:55 PM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Chicken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From looking around at all the westones, shures, and UE almost all of them have the style of cord that loops over your ear. Personally I really dislike that style because its uncomfortable and a bit of a hassle. Does anyone have any buds 80-100 dollars that don't have that loop?

sure, the altec lansing iM716s. these can sometimes be found in this price range (occasionally for even less), but are imo easily worth their suggested retail price of $200.

Dec 16, 2007 at 11:50 PM Post #21 of 21
Thanks for all the different options. I'll take a look into them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chickenman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gasp... another chicken! welcome to head-fi!

hahaha I usually don't see many other chicken people on here. I might just have to update my avatar.

also has anyone tried these yet? Altec Lansing UHP306

Users who are viewing this thread

Back