A Review of MandarinEs Foam Tips
Feb 6, 2018 at 5:39 AM Post #138 of 446
I got both the regular and the wide versions. Using them on my DITA The Answers, I find I prefer the recommended wide ones in medium. In Complys I always use the large, but these are harder and don't compress down like the Compys so I find the mediums are a better fit. Good bass, possibly better than the Complys, and a bit brighter sound overall. I like it. So far, I find that they shift more in the ears so the sound quality shifts as well, so for active sessions at the gym they tend to go in and out for ideal sound. Not sure if that will reduce as my ears get used to them. But I am happy with them.

The regular size ones pump up the mid bass a lot compared to the recommended wide ones, and it's too much, it also does something odd to the soundstaging.

Also, they are the best sound isolating tips I have ever used, they block noise very well.
I recently got the wide bores for my Jaybirds I use when I commute, got the narrow ones for my Icarus III's. Like the sound (as in: they don't alter anything, comply's muffle the sound a bit), but they are not that suited for using while moving because like you said they move around in your ears because the foam is kinda hard. Would prefer a more squishy foam so maybe I'll DIY a silicone/comply foam hybrid sometime.

-edit-
Grabbed 2 foam tips out of my drawer (probably some Crystalline ones), cut 1/4 off and inserted them into wide bore silicone tips that I had. Perfect solution: nice squishy foam that forms to your ear canal, very comfortable even after many hours, and no more dirty foam since I can wipe off the silicone tips once in a while. Think I will sell the mandarine ones or keep them around as spares. Tried them again recenlty but the foam is too stiff and gets uncomfortable after a while. Well at least I tried :wink:

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2018 at 2:57 AM Post #139 of 446
Bought Symbio W for my Aune E1 (5.9 mm diameter). These IEMs do not provide the best isoloation, but Symbio improved it. However, the tips are rather stiff, so I feel a little pain in one ear after 30-40 minutes. I need to play with application and tip size maybe.

rR42urG.jpg

Mar 26, 2018 at 8:28 AM Post #140 of 446
Hi, Im using the 64 audio U10 which tips are compatible with it?? Thanks in advance!

Mar 27, 2018 at 2:33 AM Post #144 of 446
I have tiny ear canals and have gone back to foam, using Blackbird S30 tips in small size.
How does this fare with the comply ear tips in terms of SQ?

Apr 18, 2018 at 2:29 AM Post #148 of 446
Is there any plans on releasing XS size of these? I usually use small eartips with other brands, but the small Symbio I got were the same size as medium eartips from other brands (even after compressing foam).

Apr 25, 2018 at 11:06 PM Post #149 of 446
I just got my Symbio W wide bore today and I think I should leave a little bit review here.
For some reference, I have try Comply foam, Spiral Dot, and Spin fit beforehand.

I read here that a few people mention getting one size smaller than normal and that is true for me. Size S perfectly fit my ear and I normally use M for all silicone tips.
I really like the quality of the silicone. It's very smooth and soft to the touch. The memory foam seems to be great but it's not as soft as Comply. It can shrink a little bit and can change its shape a little but not as much as Comply.

I bought it planning to use with my Noble K10U. But unfortunately, while it's of great quality, it doesn't fit or sound really well with my Noble K10U.
However, I don't think that it's Symbio's fault as it works great on my Ostry KC06 and my JVC HA-FX850. It's just hard to find tips that work well with Noble's universal and my ear canal, I guess.
It's probably the most comfortable tips I have tried. The sound and comfort are better than Comply in my opinion. I like the sound of Spiral Dot a little bit more but the fit is way better for Symbio.
The treble is not as clear compared to when using original tips for each phone I have tried, but I think it smoothens and thickens the sound a little bit, which can be a good thing for some.

One thing I really like to add is Customer Service from Garcsa is amazing. My tips show up really late and I still don't get it after an estimated delivery date.
When I contact him about it he agree to sends me a new one free of charge. Good thing it shows up before he ships it to me. Thump up for amazing customer service!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back