A Review of MandarinEs Foam Tips
Oct 21, 2017 at 7:43 AM Post #121 of 446
I got both the regular and the wide versions. Using them on my DITA The Answers, I find I prefer the recommended wide ones in medium. In Complys I always use the large, but these are harder and don't compress down like the Compys so I find the mediums are a better fit. Good bass, possibly better than the Complys, and a bit brighter sound overall. I like it. So far, I find that they shift more in the ears so the sound quality shifts as well, so for active sessions at the gym they tend to go in and out for ideal sound. Not sure if that will reduce as my ears get used to them. But I am happy with them.

The regular size ones pump up the mid bass a lot compared to the recommended wide ones, and it's too much, it also does something odd to the soundstaging.

Also, they are the best sound isolating tips I have ever used, they block noise very well.

Nov 22, 2017 at 12:41 AM Post #124 of 446
Can someone give a brief comparison between the Symbios (wide bore), Spiral Fit, and Spin Fits? Much appreciated :)

hhmmmm, always get 1 size smaller (than your usual) for MandarinEs as the memory foam is a bit chunky and you can't really insert them into the ear canal. Comfort wise, if you get the proper size for the MandarinEs - they are a lot better in long use. Better isolation (with the help of the foams).

SQ wise - really haven't paid much attention to it as my priority is Comfort 1st, then Isolation. So really can't comment.

Nov 22, 2017 at 1:36 AM Post #125 of 446
Jan 5, 2018 at 11:15 AM Post #126 of 446
I just received my Symbio W order for my Sony WF-1000x and quite impressed with sound quality and clarity. Unfortunately, the noise isolation on the subway is disappointing in comparison to other memory foam tips. Not sure if anyone else noticed this since earlier reviews stated good isolation. I’ll try on a flight this weekend and compare.

Jan 9, 2018 at 4:19 AM Post #128 of 446
I just received my Symbio W order for my Sony WF-1000x and quite impressed with sound quality and clarity. Unfortunately, the noise isolation on the subway is disappointing in comparison to other memory foam tips. Not sure if anyone else noticed this since earlier reviews stated good isolation. I’ll try on a flight this weekend and compare.

I felt the same until I dropped the tips a size down, which resulted in a better seal, and thus better isolation.

Jan 9, 2018 at 8:48 AM Post #129 of 446
I also received the Symbio W ordered for my Zeus XRA. In addition to @garcsa prompt service, the tips are well suited to my habit of wearing IEM's. The fit is good, they are comfortable to wear for a long time without fatigue and the isolation is good. I bought both L and M sizes, but I discovered that M has a better fit than L. I usually wear L from Comply Foam for instance. They are my favourite tips for the moment. HTH

Jan 10, 2018 at 12:52 AM Post #130 of 446
The wide bore really makes the campfire andromeda a special iem. When I listened the first time with the tips I was in awe.

Jan 17, 2018 at 11:08 AM Post #132 of 446
@garcsa I see on the listing that they ship in a set of 3.
Is it also possible to order a mix of Symbio N and Symbo W?
Like:
- Medium N
- Medium W
- Small N

Users who are viewing this thread

Back