A Review of MandarinEs Foam Tips
Aug 10, 2017 at 9:31 PM Post #91 of 446
Just placed an order yesterday, looking forward to trying them out with the Tia Fourtes.

Aug 11, 2017 at 10:52 AM Post #92 of 446
I've been using these for a couple of weeks now and I find that the Symbio N tips (in medium size) fit OK for me and have replaced the usual medium sized Comply tips I used before - they are great sounding and isolation is one of the best I've heard.

The only problem I've had, is that the Symbio W tips (in medium size) make my ear canals really sore after a while and I can't use these due to the level of discomfort - QUESTION: has anybody here compared the Symbio W tips in both small and medium sizes side by side and if so, did you find that going down to the small size was OK / better if you are normally a size medium in other tips ?

As promised: Medium are aprox 13mm across, Small aprox 11.5mm

IMG_20170811_154846.jpg IMG_20170811_154907.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2017 at 11:08 AM Post #93 of 446
As promised:

Thank you Oscar - from your photo, it looks like the small W tips are almost the same size as the medium N tips (when compared side by side with the medium W tips).

Appreciated.

Cheers. :beerchug:

Aug 11, 2017 at 4:01 PM Post #94 of 446
Will Symbio N fit my Phonak PFE232 and Etymotic ER4? They both have small nozzles. Do I need a nozzle adapter to fit the Symbio N? Please also share the link where I can purchase these tips. I tried the Ebay link but it's no longer available.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2017 at 8:54 PM Post #95 of 446
Aug 12, 2017 at 2:49 AM Post #97 of 446
I love Symbio N ,W.
Great fit to my ears,the best SQ tips i have heard .
My Vega Shines more than ever .:wink:

Attachments

• 20170615_122207_Film1.jpg
    20170615_122207_Film1.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Aug 14, 2017 at 3:47 PM Post #98 of 446
I had an idea about everyone contributing their information for the greater good. :D

I created a little Google Sheet for everyone to add to so that we can hopefully get a list of fitment details for individual earphones.

I would like to invite everyone who has currently purchased Symbio tips and has a good fit to tell everyone on this good list the brand, model and size of tips used (N or W)

Symbio by MandarinEs Eartip Size Guide - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PgxX6BbiRIu33Q-gNxLl_CsJ1lmsIbDmaIaXtLRZJu4/edit?usp=sharing

Anyone think this is a good idea?

Regards

Aug 14, 2017 at 8:54 PM Post #99 of 446
I had an idea about everyone contributing their information for the greater good. :D

I created a little Google Sheet for everyone to add to so that we can hopefully get a list of fitment details for individual earphones.

I would like to invite everyone who has currently purchased Symbio tips and has a good fit to tell everyone on this good list the brand, model and size of tips used (N or W)

Symbio by MandarinEs Eartip Size Guide - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PgxX6BbiRIu33Q-gNxLl_CsJ1lmsIbDmaIaXtLRZJu4/edit?usp=sharing

Anyone think this is a good idea?

Regards

Yes...great idea. Will definitely take out some off the guesswork.

Aug 25, 2017 at 12:59 PM Post #100 of 446
After listen to it for a month, is surely sound very good on the k10 but wish the bore is slightly wider and a softer form

Aug 25, 2017 at 2:23 PM Post #102 of 446
Review:

TLDR: These are hybrid tips with silicone shells and memory foam inside. They are my tip end-game after exhaustive tip rolling.

I got into high end IEM this year for the first time. I'm a big perfectionist when it comes to sound and went tip rolling with the entire Comply line. Every.single.one. I sunk at least $200 into the journey. Probably close to $300 in tips at this point.

There are pros/cons I found for each tip design along the way.

Silicon had tighter lows and more shimmer up top but lacked -desnsity- in their sound.

Comply medium comfort were just about perfect until I noticed something. When I changed out an old pair for a new pair, the stiff/new foam captured the fidelity of silicone but it only lasted a few days before some of the performance dropped.

Upon realizing that I loved new/firm foam, I started trying off brand foamies on Amazon. Unfortunately, those were a bit soft to start and didn't offer the right design which would get me close to the Comply Comfort which I loved.

Luckily, I've found my tip end-game in the Symbio MandarinE. They're only able to be purchased in eBay from what appears to be a small home business in Hungary.

The design completely shatters the pro/con list and delivers the best of both worlds. It's easily the best sonic performance I've achieved via tip rolling. Isolation, comfort, soundstage, crisp details, density. It's all there.

These tips are silicone shells with memory foam inside which presses them to just the right seal. They won't lose the rigidity at the contact points, which is what I believe leads to the performance of both silicone and BRAND NEW Comply tips.

So by designing a rigid exterior shell around what is essentially the Comply Comfort (shorter designs seem to provide larger soundstage) that is everlasting in its rigid shell... I'm very happy. It's only been 48 hours, so long term durability hasn't been tested but I can't see any design problems with cause for concern.

Honestly, they sound better than any tip I've heard.

Now, there was a little discomfort at first: the back of the shells were a little sharp against my ear canal when the foam expanses. I used a file to brush along the edge and the problem ceased.

Highly recommended to all IEM fans.

Aug 26, 2017 at 3:50 AM Post #103 of 446
All we need now is an XS size :) as the S is still a little too big for me.

Aug 26, 2017 at 12:16 PM Post #105 of 446
Try what i did, i removed the foams of my S size. Now i can insert them a bit deeper, and since it's deeper, isolation is 'quite' the same

So you turned Symbios into regular silicone tips?

Or am I missing something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back