1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

A Review of MandarinEs Foam Tips

First

Back
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Next

Last
  1. hi-fi amateur
    Is N narrow bore and W wide bore?

2. Colors
    Yes.

3. MrDelicious
    If I don't generally like using Complys or foams in general, is there any point in trying out Symbios?

4. gorman
    Feeling is quite different.

MrDelicious likes this.
  5. Arkady Duntov
    It depends, at least partly, on why you don't like foamies.

The Symbios aren't a standard foamie, as they're actually silicon filled with foam (a hybrid.) As @gorman wrote, they feel different.

MrDelicious likes this.
  6. MrDelicious
    It's the fit and ease of use mostly, silicon I can just shove in but with foam each insertion is too much work. Changes in sound usually aren't positive either, too muffled in general. Would Symbio's alleviate either issue?

7. holden4th
    No muffling of sound due to the silicon exterior. The inner foam is easily compressible by rolling between thumb and forefinger before insertion and insertion is easy. With a choice of wide or narrow bore you can tailor the sound to your liking. Seal and isolation is the best I’ve ever experienced with tips. These are a no brainer IMO.

garcsa and MrDelicious like this.
  8. Gabriel Sontag
    Which variant fits the sony mdr ex-1000?

9. garcsa
    Symbio W will fit Sony.

10. king conan
    Guys can you help me with wide or narrow choice?

My IEMs are

Ibasso IT01 and Sony N3AP

Thanks

Edit: I ordered W for my IT01 I hope the Sony fit too.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
  11. pieman3141
    Just got these on my Oriveti New Primacy IEMs. I'm used to silicone tips, so the Symbio tips feel different due to the air pressure they (don't) exert. Insertion is a bit more finicky, but nowhere as finicky as foam tips. They also sit deeper than Spinfits or Spiral Dots, so that will take time to adjust to. They don't feel like they isolate at all, but that's not the case at all. I don't detect any muffling or alteration of sound compared to Spiral Dots or Spinfits (and Spinfits did muffle a bit). All in all, they work great!

Oh, and yeah, I didn't realize I had to go down a size when ordering, but I ordered a small pair anyways just in case. Normally, I go with size medium, but as it turns out, the small fit the best.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
  12. snip3r77
    What do you use for your spin fits ?

13. Trebor1966

14. Trebor1966
    For me only Symbio W works with N3 - it is for me the one and only way to get a nice fit and the best sound

15. davidcotton
    Ordered a set of small medium and large Symbios W to try out on a pair of Custom Art Universals I have.

First

Back
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Next

Last