1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

A reasonably priced alt headphones

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by acmebricks, Apr 14, 2013.
  1. acmebricks
    Could anyone please give some good alternatives to beats solo hd? I like the look but I don't like the sound quality.  Please try go keep it under 60 dollars as I am not rich. I don't like my skullcandy earbuds after I got one gel piece stuck in my ear (stupid of me to do that [​IMG]
    Thanks

2. Sound Quest
    What type of genres do you listen to? Do they have to look stylish?

3. MrViolin
    Koss Porta Pro/Sporta Pro
    Also thinking something along the lines of the philips SHL 9500 though it's been a terribly long time since I've heard them. 

4. newphones
    While I can understand the practical concerns which drive people to closed headphones and IEM's, you simply must have an open design to get the best sound quality.

The koss portapro and sportapro are emblematic of great sounding headphones at a fantastic price: yes, they have an open design. However, they are also an amazing value. Koss has enough integrity to avoid marketing fads. They 'simply' deliver the best quality at the best price and have done so for many decades. Not only that, their warranty is the best in the business.

Many people for whatever tortured, illogical reasons, crave overspending. They like throwing their money away. If you are sensible enough to hold on to your hard earned money, koss headphones are amazing.

5. Sir Tmotts III
    The Grado SR-60i, Sennheiser PX-100, or the Koss porta pro, I would honestly pay $30 more than what they're charging for those badboys.

6. jackwess
    Panasonic HTF600 offers good sound quality for the price, and you can do some EQ. 

7. acmebricks
    the Sennheiser PX-100 look pretty nice and affordable to me. I'll think I'll get those.
    Thanks for the help[​IMG]