A possible problem with my cmoy
Jul 11, 2002 at 3:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

HD-5000

1000+ Head-Fier
I just finished the casework and fastened in all the panel components, but I didn't have an opamp so it's still not complete. Yet, when I flip the power switch, the LED does not light. What's the deal? Should the LED light without the opamp in place? I hooked up 2 9 volt batteries in series just to let you know. I'm guessing that without the actual amp in place, I'm sending 18 volts directly into the LED. Please help!

Jul 11, 2002 at 5:34 AM Post #2 of 3
the LED will light without the opamp in place. The LED is part of the power supply circuit.

Did you use a resistor to lower the voltage going into the LED? if you didn't, the LED would probably burn up instantly with 18V.

Also, make sure you connected your LED the right way - you may have switched your leads around.

Refer to the cmoy power supply schematic and make sure you have one lead of the LED going to either the + or - rail and the other lead going to ground.

Jul 11, 2002 at 6:12 AM Post #3 of 3
If you place the power on LED just after the battery, it should light when you turn it on. Wilson got it wrong "if what I stated in the 1st sentence is true".

Jayel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back