A part of me died today...
May 22, 2007 at 8:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

james__bean

1000+ Head-Fier
After a couple years of portable audio bliss, my Westone UM2 have taken a turn for the worse. I was on my way to school today and running a little late when I decided I should put on some clean foam tips for my UM2. So I grabbed some spare ones I had lying around and headed out the door. I'm walking down the street and I go to replace my dirty tips when...

The tip came completely off!
blink.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

I was pretty shocked. I just stood there for a good ten seconds and then I just walked back to my house. I was suppose to go to the library today and check out a DVD before class, but I was so upset I decided just to go to the record store and buy some vinyl to cheer myself up. It didn't work. I sold my Shure e2c a couple months back so now the only portable headphones I have are KSC35, which have no isolation for my 45 minute bus commute to school. I'm pretty broke at the moment too, so it looks like I'm going to have to sell something to replace these. Ugh, this really really sucks.

May 22, 2007 at 11:28 AM Post #2 of 18
Yikes dude. That doesn't look good, but even still your cheapest option is to likely send the earphone to Westone for repair.

...or you could save your pennies for the Westone 3!
evil_smiley.gif

May 22, 2007 at 11:36 AM Post #3 of 18
I hadn't even thought about getting them repaired. I figure its probably too much of a hassle to replace the casing. That would be cool if they could though. Maybe have the green cable replaced while I'm at it.
tongue.gif
Guess it can't hurt to give them a call tomorrow.

May 22, 2007 at 2:12 PM Post #4 of 18
You know I had some people swearing part of me had died a few days ago but it was just the Mexican I had for lunch...
evil_smiley.gif
biggrin.gif

May 22, 2007 at 3:21 PM Post #5 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by gpalmer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You know I had some people swearing part of me had died a few days ago but it was just the Mexican I had for lunch...
evil_smiley.gif
biggrin.gif

I'm pretty sure cannibalism is illegal in Florida.

May 22, 2007 at 5:05 PM Post #6 of 18
I use situations like these to upgrade, but that's just me
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 22, 2007 at 5:10 PM Post #7 of 18
Sorry to hear what happened to your Westone UM2. Well, if I were you, I would contact Westone for repair information and cost. Perhaps it won't cost too much to replace/repair?

May 22, 2007 at 9:02 PM Post #8 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlorytheWiz825 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry to hear what happened to your Westone UM2. Well, if I were you, I would contact Westone for repair information and cost. Perhaps it won't cost too much to replace/repair?

Totally agree, besides if you like them why upgrade. Hold it this is Head-Fi! UPGRADE...

Jun 4, 2007 at 7:37 PM Post #15 of 18
nooo, dont throw them away, anyone diy-oriented would love to get their hands on the parts.... like me!

i think you should carefully glue them back together with resin glue if you cant get a repair otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back