A&norma SR15 with UE 18+ Pro
Aug 14, 2019 at 2:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

playadamas

New Head-Fier
I am looking into making my first foray into the "higher" end DAP, and have my eyes on the SR15 ... I already own a pair of UE 18+ pro IEM for stage use ... any idea if it would work properly well with the SR 15!? Thanks in advance for any comments! Cheers

Aug 15, 2019 at 5:47 AM Post #2 of 3
I am looking into making my first foray into the "higher" end DAP, and have my eyes on the SR15 ... I already own a pair of UE 18+ pro IEM for stage use ... any idea if it would work properly well with the SR 15!? Thanks in advance for any comments! Cheers
I own an Sr15, its fantastic. (Using it as we speak). Ive heard people say it scales well with midfi to hifi iems. Im more of a headphone guy, but ive used one or two iems on it. (Campfire Polaris, Audeze iSign20) thats it really. They sounded great and i didnt pick up any hissing or noise. (Was listening in bedroom at night, extremely quiet environment)

I say its a great purchase, all i can say is a) yes it gets warm, dont be alarmed. The reason this is, the compact small design means you can feel the amp working easier than on a thicker or bigger dap. b) it absolutely, absolutely needs a case. Dont skimp on this, id suggest buying an extra case just in...case.. hahaha. Reason being, its small and may scratch easily because the back is glass. The comfortable shape also means finding after market cases will be extremely difficult. Putting this dap in your pocket or jacket without a case, i find on rare occasions (depending on how tight fitting your clothing is) may move the volume wheel.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask here, pm me or hit up the a&k sr15 thread in portable source gear.

PS: battery life is good for IEMs, for headphones.
Depending on the can, it may not last as long (6-8hours) but im getting a solid 8-10hrs with my portable headphones (b&w h6 gen2)

Aug 15, 2019 at 11:17 AM Post #3 of 3
Hi, Tsukuyomi ... thanks for sharing your experience, I did read a lot about the heat issue although some reported none at all ... reckon some have thicker skin than others! I am not a big fan of cases as it hides the beautiful industrial design (same in mobiles) but I get the practical side of it, now the only question left is getting a new one or used one (good price found in this forum)! cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back