A newb need help...
Jul 10, 2002 at 7:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Polka

New Head-Fier
Hi, I am a newb at this, and i am in the market for a pair of nice headphones. After reading up in the forums, and doing some research on my own, I think that i am going to go with a pair of Sennheiser HD570. I do have a question though. How do i know if I will have enough power to drive them? I am going to be hooking them up mainly to my synth and sound blaster live card. Will i have any problems with this? do i need to invest in an amp?

Thanks.
polka

Jul 11, 2002 at 5:30 AM Post #4 of 8
The SB Live! cards only operate at line level, so ~ if you're into loud (or even just loudish) music... you'd need to invest in an amp also

Hope it helps

Jul 11, 2002 at 5:33 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by Polka
After reading up in the forums, and doing some research on my own...

Audio&Me...

Take a look at Polkas post, and then... look at your own
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Jul 11, 2002 at 5:35 AM Post #6 of 8
Thanks for all the suggestions. After reading many a post on the subject i think that for my situation the HD80s would be a better choice. But I am hearing kinda different storys about their ability to work with a standard (non amped) line. What is the sound like with, and without an amp for these phones?

Jul 11, 2002 at 5:38 AM Post #7 of 8
If you're talking HD580s, then personally i'd steer clear of them for un-amped line outs... maybe the HD590s would be more for you, but... having not heard them myself I don't know... maybe some 590 owners could offer their advice??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back