a new, Refined "Whats the best headphones for me" Thread! :D [For me, Obviously hah]
Oct 7, 2007 at 4:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

P.F. Jo

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys.

After like... 3-4 different threads, that after each one I've taken your tips and established them, I've got to a few conclusions about what I like and dislike in headphones and also summed up everything to a numerous possible pairs..

I Was hoping that you could direct me forwards, Due to the fact that some of these phones are not popular in my country and I'm unable to ask the store-sellers to open the package for me to listen to them....

First of all, the requirements I've got from the headphones:

100$ + / - , please don't go much higher lol.

TIGHT Bass, I Heard an unmodded K81DJ and it was HORRIBLE! So much bloated bass....... I'd rather have my bass tight and clean rather than smothered.. [Not a bass head, I rather hear the drums doing "Bang" rather than "Brrrrrrrrrrm" (Low bass frequencies, lol)]

As clean as possible vocals and highs in general

Closed, These phones are going to be used mainly for portability, Folding-ability is also a + for me, for carrying it in a bag or whatever.

Size is not that much of a issue, but I rather NOT look too weird in public, so supra-aural is somewhat preferred, though im uncertain, if circum-aural usualy sounds much better for the same price, i'll sacrifice my looks a little
k1000smile.gif

Thats about all I can come up with :S

I've came to these numerous pairs of headphones in conclusion[Order means nothing, just the order they pop up in my head right now]:

Denon AH-D1000
Equation RP-21
Senn's HD-21-1
Audio Technica ES7

Thats about it.... I'm pretty opened for 2'nd hand trades so i'm checking all 2'nd hand boards all the time, and obviously im opened for further recommendations if you think there is something that will top all of the above phones.

Thanks,

-Jo

Oct 7, 2007 at 5:30 PM Post #2 of 28
I think you're at the point where by mere recommendations or reading alone, you are hitting a brick wall. Maybe you'd be better off just getting one of the above (2nd hand so you don't take a huge hit if you hate it) and trying it out for a while.

Oct 7, 2007 at 6:58 PM Post #3 of 28
Alright, I can agree with that - but just by considering 'dry information' - which one answers my requirements the most out of these four?

Once I decide for the first pair out of these four [or others if anyone has any more recommendations for me] i'll buy it and try it out for a while, If I like it - awesome, I'll stick with it, if not.. I'll buy another pair from that list
wink.gif

What do you think about that?

Thanks!

-Jo

Oct 7, 2007 at 7:23 PM Post #5 of 28
Like it says in the movie: Trust the Force Luke,
600smile.gif

where do you live that some of these headphones are not popular in your country?

On Head-Fi for the flast few days a lot of FS: RP21 at the price you want to pay. try them out.

regards

Oct 7, 2007 at 7:26 PM Post #6 of 28
the hd-25's are a good deal for the money. as for looks, the AT's you listed are a sure bet, and i hear the bass is not bloated at all.

Oct 7, 2007 at 7:26 PM Post #7 of 28
Easily, easily the RP-21's. Have em' and they have great bass. If looks are an issue, then go for the ES7s. Really this is an easy choice.

Oct 7, 2007 at 7:46 PM Post #10 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by ranz_blacker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
rp-21 give good music with ipod too ?? i mean sound loud enough ??

Use the search function: use the advanced function and choose -only in title-
it will give you "enough" threads to decide,

regards,

Oct 7, 2007 at 10:54 PM Post #12 of 28
@Ranz, instead throwing words in the air, use your ability to read first, My budget is around 100$+/-. Its written above.

anyway, Thanks to all of you who've helped but i've still not gotten a good idea at which pair should I start with, or do you say.. go with the flow and just get whatever comes first on a good deal? Are all of the above four pairs i've listed about as equal?

-Jo

Oct 8, 2007 at 12:08 AM Post #13 of 28
go with the rp-21's. They are a great deal in the FS forum, and they also look really cool. The cable is detachable, and can even be swapped with a very simple modification.

Oct 8, 2007 at 12:13 AM Post #14 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by P.F. Jo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@Ranz, instead throwing words in the air, use your ability to read first, My budget is around 100$+/-. Its written above.

anyway, Thanks to all of you who've helped but i've still not gotten a good idea at which pair should I start with, or do you say.. go with the flow and just get whatever comes first on a good deal? Are all of the above four pairs i've listed about as equal?

-Jo

im sorry if my smiley
wink.gif
failed to get it's meaning across.. i was not serious..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back