A new good source for SA5000's, $389+ship
Apr 4, 2005 at 4:55 PM Post #2 of 14
Just wait until many stores stock up on these babies
cool.gif
I bet the price will be even lower then
wink.gif

The MZ-RH10 from the link looks really nice, too.

Apr 4, 2005 at 7:05 PM Post #5 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by xluben
They are selling through eBay, and only have 7 in stock.

It was 8, but I took one off their hands today.
3000smile.gif

Apr 4, 2005 at 8:30 PM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by some1x
Just wait until many stores stock up on these babies
cool.gif
I bet the price will be even lower then
wink.gif

Perhaps, but I doubt if it'll fall much further, as they are the replacement for the CD3K, which retailed for about the same amount. I just feel sorry for the poor saps who paid about double this just to get it a month or so earlier.

Apr 4, 2005 at 8:35 PM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer
http://buyriteelectronics.com/Mercha...Code=MDRSA5000

I already ordered so now I'm tossing it out to all you. Wonder if they'll sell out as fast as Beach Audio. They have a lifetime 8.8 rating on resellerratings, and were nice to deal with over the phone.

They are an small store, the service is very good, that is where I got my CD3000 from...

The may have maybe about 10 or 12 in stock (guessing they are a similar case as the CD3000) I don't think that Sony will run large orders of SA5000 like other consumer products, (the runs for CD3000 were about 1000 at a time according ot this guy).....so hurry up....

Apr 13, 2005 at 2:07 PM Post #9 of 14
It took them 5 business days to ship out mine, most of that time spent sitting in a box in their shipping dept.
frown.gif

Hopefully I'll have them in my hands by the end of the week.

Apr 13, 2005 at 2:10 PM Post #10 of 14
I thought this was going to be some sort of dedicated 'source' that could be used with the SA5K's, not just a place to buy the headphones.
tongue.gif

Apr 13, 2005 at 6:47 PM Post #13 of 14
Yes, shipping on their web site to west coast is $23.66. That's high, but $5 on the other hand is a deal.

What a shame that they feel it necessary to rip off their web customers on shipping. I have also seen other reports online that their customer service can be quite poor, but that's nothing unusual.

Personally, I wasn't too impressed with my experience with them and probably won't use them again. But I'm sure others will have better luck - I tend to always get screwed by "bargain" retailers, that's also why I refuse to use buy.com any more - among other incidents, they shafted me out of a pair of HD595s due to clerical error on their end of some sort, after two weeks of dealing with their support to get it shipped, someone there decided to just cancel my order for no reason... so I went elsewhere... and haven't looked back.

I am however anxious to get my headphones.
600smile.gif

Edit: I'm just going to ammend to this that buyrite has been fairly responsive to my e-mails and did agree to modified shipping options, which is really rare, and I appreciate that. I just hate having to wait almost a full additional week when it was supposed to be shipped out right away. Like I said, such is my luck.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back