A new cheap option in tube amps.
Jul 26, 2008 at 5:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

928GTS

500+ Head-Fier
Huh,dig this cute little thing! Its an amp powered by a single 6N3 that they claim can actually power speakers. Its a pretty adorable and its $130 shipped. I've dealt with this dealer before and he's a good seller.

Click Here

Yeah its nothing big,fancy or high end but as an intro to tube amps? Not a bad idea.

Jul 26, 2008 at 5:17 AM Post #2 of 28
That looks very well built and beautiful, I wonder how it stacks up to other tube amplifiers. One thing though is that I do not like the placement of the rca connections and the attached power cable.

Jul 26, 2008 at 5:49 AM Post #5 of 28
It looks nice for the money without a doubt. I wonder how it sounds?

Jul 26, 2008 at 5:53 AM Post #6 of 28
I sort of wish I had the spare change to buy one. Sadly with PC and general audio equipment upgrades(tubes,cables,etc)I do not.
cool.gif

Jul 26, 2008 at 6:04 AM Post #8 of 28
The specs on it suck and it's 105 + 30 insurance to ship. Pretty articulate Engrish though.

Jul 26, 2008 at 6:35 AM Post #9 of 28
You fell for the ol' shipping cost switcheroo. =P The price sure looks attractive, until you see that they're requiring $135 to ship and insure it.

A lot of sellers will do this because eBay does not take a cut of shipping costs.

Edit: I will agree that it is very pretty.

Jul 26, 2008 at 6:43 AM Post #10 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by synaesthetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You fell for the ol' shipping cost switcheroo. =P The price sure looks attractive, until you see that they're requiring $135 to ship and insure it.

A lot of sellers will do this because eBay does not take a cut of shipping costs.

Edit: I will agree that it is very pretty.

Many dealers selling this amp + multiple listings per dealer = You can probably win the auction for 99 cents and have it for $135.99

Jul 26, 2008 at 9:20 AM Post #11 of 28
Wow the blue LED is so tacky, reminds me of those 1st gen Little Dot II amps from like four years ago. And we all know how that one turned out... there ought to be a golden rule of low-cost chinese tube amps, Blue LED means Blown speakers

If you're in that segment of the market it's probably best to just get a Tripath-based class D amp like the Sonic for $35 and call it good (6 clean Watts/channel, count it!).

- DoA

Jul 26, 2008 at 3:00 PM Post #12 of 28
Quote from product discription: ""CHPO Q2
Good sounds
very articulate and musical
the harmonic and anacrusis part is
enriched and the sonic effect becomes more mellifluous""
""Frequency response : 50Hz-40Hz (±1dB)""

With that description ,who can resist? lol
biggrin.gif

Bass??? :O

Jul 26, 2008 at 4:29 PM Post #13 of 28
Seems kind of silly to have the headphone out in back. I'm also waiting for Ebay to crack down on these sellers who charge an exorbitant amount for shipping to skirt around the Ebay fees. In addition to not being fair to other sellers, they're basically creating a set price for their items.

Rather than have this thread turn into a discussion regarding high shipping costs, I've created this thread here:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f11/ex...r-foul-347371/

Jul 26, 2008 at 9:28 PM Post #15 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by zotjen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seems kind of silly to have the headphone out in back. I'm also waiting for Ebay to crack down on these sellers who charge an exorbitant amount for shipping to skirt around the Ebay fees. In addition to not being fair to other sellers, they're basically creating a set price for their items.

Rather than have this thread turn into a discussion regarding high shipping costs, I've created this thread here:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f11/ex...r-foul-347371/

Well there are a lot of choices out there and besides,people don't *have* to buy the product. People use their own good judgment to figure out whether or not the item they're looking at is a fair deal. Whereas some products sold by Chinese dealers are more money than they're worth there are also some great deals.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dept_of_Alchemy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow the blue LED is so tacky, reminds me of those 1st gen Little Dot II amps from like four years ago. And we all know how that one turned out... there ought to be a golden rule of low-cost chinese tube amps, Blue LED means Blown speakers

If you're in that segment of the market it's probably best to just get a Tripath-based class D amp like the Sonic for $35 and call it good (6 clean Watts/channel, count it!).

- DoA

So? There are lot of solid amps out there with blue LED's that are just fine. Basing a product off of the colour of its LED is pretty lame in itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back