A Morning at FitEar's Factory
Aug 7, 2013 at 9:37 AM Post #46 of 51
Good points Shig. High end custom products are in their own category.

Aug 7, 2013 at 5:14 PM Post #47 of 51
I for one am glad to see the emergence of a few very focused makers (FitEar and Ocharaku) who don't seem to be aiming for the low end at all but are making earphones like some people make nice bicycles: by hand; and spend lots of time designing the tech, not just the shells, that go into each one. 

Keeping it in the country, keeping it hi-tech, keeping it boutique - these are all the marks of proud manufacturing. Who knows, both companies may eventually abandon this model. Currently, they are rocking it hard and I love it.

Aug 7, 2013 at 5:25 PM Post #48 of 51
I for one am glad to see the emergence of a few very focused makers (FitEar and Ocharaku) who don't seem to be aiming for the low end at all but are making earphones like some people make nice bicycles: by hand; and spend lots of time designing the tech, not just the shells, that go into each one. 

Keeping it in the country, keeping it hi-tech, keeping it boutique - these are all the marks of proud manufacturing. Who knows, both companies may eventually abandon this model. Currently, they are rocking it hard and I love it.

+1 to that. I love the Bicycle example. Very appropriate. The craftsmanship is fantastic.

Aug 8, 2013 at 2:36 PM Post #50 of 51
That's why I had such a good time at Decware...

http://www.head-fi.org/t/654644/a-visit-to-decware

Users who are viewing this thread

Back