[A 'Mini-Con'!] Arizona Head-Fi Meet: October 21st, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 16, 2017 at 2:33 PM Post #181 of 266
Just found this thread and am very interested in attending, but my son's soccer game is at noon so it would be a late swing in if I do. That's unfortunate as I would like to meet the Phoenix crowd. Just moved from Seattle and was very active there at the local meets. Will try to swing in late.

Oct 16, 2017 at 2:49 PM Post #182 of 266
Just found this thread and am very interested in attending, but my son's soccer game is at noon so it would be a late swing in if I do. That's unfortunate as I would like to meet the Phoenix crowd. Just moved from Seattle and was very active there at the local meets. Will try to swing in late.

We'd love to have you!

Less than a week guys! This Saturday! Hypehypehypehype

Oct 16, 2017 at 2:58 PM Post #183 of 266

Show up a lot of us stay till the end. It is not everyday you can be around others that share such a strange niche hobby.

Oct 17, 2017 at 7:59 PM Post #188 of 266
Forgot to mention, bringing Geekout V2+ balanced portable headphone amp/dac and Campfire Audio Orion along with other crap mentioned throughout the thread

so full list im bringing,
Theta DS Pro Basic III-A
Questyle CMA600i
Audio-GD NFB-1AMP
Gustard U12
Geekout V2+
Nutube Hybrid (hopefully can finish it in time, TKD pot is in japan still :frowning2:

HD 800 SDR
Balanced modhouseaudio argon
CA Orion
VE Zen 2.0

friend of mine thats coming with me
MSB Platinum Link
Theta Cobalt
Grace M9XX
Sony UDA-1
Mjolnir 1

Sony MDR-Z1R
Audeze EL8
gofspar fraken-fostex TH900

im assuming theres gonna be tables there for us to set stuff up on, dunno if I can fit a table in the car along with the gear.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2017 at 8:09 PM Post #189 of 266
To conserve space I am not going to setup my laptop. I just am going to bring a surge, my amp and dac and people can plug into it if they want. Is there anyone I can just put my gear next to? I will stay with it of course but I just remember how many laptops and setups we had floating around last time.

Oct 17, 2017 at 9:26 PM Post #190 of 266
To conserve space I am not going to setup my laptop. I just am going to bring a surge, my amp and dac and people can plug into it if they want. Is there anyone I can just put my gear next to? I will stay with it of course but I just remember how many laptops and setups we had floating around last time.
I can bring a toslink or a coax and you could feed your chain off of my U12, bringing my laptop, gonna have tidal hifi set up on it.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2017 at 1:47 PM Post #191 of 266
I can bring:
Sony SCPH-1001 PS1 CD player
PS Audio Sprout - DAC/amp
Echobox Explorer - portable Streamer/DAC/Amp (x2- 1 to be offered FS)

Echobox Finder iems
Fostex TH-X00 Purpleheart

Oct 18, 2017 at 1:48 PM Post #192 of 266
Anyone know the internet access situation at the hotel? 99% of my music is streamed through Tidal, and since I use Project Fi and pay by the gig I'm not too keen on tethering and running that all day.

Also, do many people plan on spending most of the day there?

Oct 18, 2017 at 2:24 PM Post #193 of 266
Anyone know the internet access situation at the hotel? 99% of my music is streamed through Tidal, and since I use Project Fi and pay by the gig I'm not too keen on tethering and running that all day.

Also, do many people plan on spending most of the day there?

I'm in the same situation. I stream everything and it's critical we have a GREAT wifi connection.
When this was initially being set up, that question was proposed and we were assured that their capabilities would be suffice for the event.

Also not sure about time frame for members and guests being there all day. I know I'll be there all day and I'm sure many others will be too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back