[A 'Mini-Con'!] Arizona Head-Fi Meet: October 21st, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 14, 2017 at 9:27 PM Post #76 of 266
Just checked with my coach, I'm clear that weekend. Will definitely show up and chill for a couple hours. We need to get DemonFox in here. Want to try out his Denons with some Wi-Fi and downtempo I have.

Anyone have a budget open back they're willing to trade for a pair of HD558s? Have had these for a couple years and maybe it's time for a fresh pair of cans.

Sep 15, 2017 at 1:07 AM Post #77 of 266
Will Chris be here?

Been out of the game for quite awhile, not sure some of you have noticed. Gotta check my schedule, not sure if I have an invitational meet that weekend, but if not, I should be coming in.
Hey man, hope you are doing good! Yeah I'll be there. I'm still helping organize this one, but I've been a bit more behind the scenes this time around since I've been caught up with work.

Sep 16, 2017 at 9:44 PM Post #78 of 266
Hey guys, I'm going to Tucson that day for a music festival but I can probably show up for a couple hours in the morning. I obviously can't bring all my gear but I was wondering if I could bring my Valhalla 2 to diagnose which of my tubes is not matching. I don't have enough tubes to figure it out myself but I'm not sure which of the pairs is causing this background noise in my signal.

Also, if we buy into the raffle, do we need to be there at the end of the day to take the prize?

Sep 17, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #82 of 266
Also, if we buy into the raffle, do we need to be there at the end of the day to take the prize?

Not at all! Just write your contact # or email on the back of the ticket, and I'll be in touch. Probably, I'd just have the amplifier sent to you.

For Everyone: If you're bringing a complete headphone rig, bring your own power strip/power conditioner/power combobulater/whatever! (BYOPS!)

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2017 at 5:44 PM Post #83 of 266
Okay guys, a couple more biggish announcements:
1.LMC Home Entertainment (local high-end audio store in Tempe and Scottsdale) has been confirmed to be attending the meet! Among their various items, they will have the Focal Elear and Focal Utopia (frick yes)! I suspect that they will also bring amplifiers from various ultra-high-end manufactures.
2. Woo Audio will be sending demo units of both the WA7 Fireflies (desktop) and WA8 Eclipse (portable) tube amplifiers! Super curious about the WA8, myself.

Others are in queue. As usual, stay tuned...

Sep 22, 2017 at 12:16 AM Post #89 of 266
Bringing:
DT-48E 25ohm
Etymotic ER4SR
Etymotic HD5
Sennheiser HD280 Pro
Monoprice 9927

Laptop, 500GB music library, JDSlabs Objective 2 + ODAC

The best sounding headphones will be the ETY’s. Why? It has tons of isolation and probably one of the most uncolored and holographic sounding headphones there.

All the noise can get really really bad. And lets be honest, isolation helps a ton.

Let’s all be good audiophiles and just keep our mouths shut while others are listening to music :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back