[A 'Mini-Con'!] Arizona Head-Fi Meet: October 21st, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 19, 2017 at 7:36 PM Post #226 of 266
Anyone know the internet access situation at the hotel? 99% of my music is streamed through Tidal, and since I use Project Fi and pay by the gig I'm not too keen on tethering and running that all day.

I noticed Joe updated the first post in this thread with the WiFi password. Lets hope there is sufficient bandwidth and IP addresses!

Oct 19, 2017 at 7:39 PM Post #227 of 266
I noticed Joe updated the first post in this thread with the WiFi password. Lets hope there is sufficient bandwidth and IP addresses!

Indeed I did! WiFi password is HGI123.

Guys... I wish I could share with you all the amazingness of Gumby (or Yggy, I'd gather) in a dedicated speaker system. One day, perhaps...

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2017 at 9:58 AM Post #232 of 266
No. jk
[SIZE=3[SIZE=2]If I get time, I'm sure I'd probably give it a minute or so of head-time. I'm sure someone else will want to hear them. It's all up to you.[/SIZE]

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2017 at 10:04 AM Post #233 of 266
No. jk
[SIZE=3[SIZE=2]If I get time, I'm sure I'd probably give it a minute or so of head-time. I'm sure someone else will want to hear them. It's all up to you.[/SIZE]

Funny.... but yeah I’ll try them out, please bring them.

Oct 20, 2017 at 1:00 PM Post #234 of 266
Heads up to everyone coming from the East Valley and using the I-10. Here is the AZ511 listing:

• Eastbound Interstate 10 narrowed to one lane at 59th Avenue from 9 p.m. Friday to 10 a.m. Saturday (Oct. 21) for bridge construction at Loop 202 South Mountain Freeway interchange. Eastbound I-10 on-ramp at 67th Avenue and off- and on-ramps at 59th Avenue closed. Expect heavy traffic and delays. DETOUR: Allow extra travel time and consider alternate routes, including Loop 101 in the West Valley.

Oct 20, 2017 at 1:32 PM Post #235 of 266
Heads up to everyone coming from the East Valley and using the I-10. Here is the AZ511 listing:

• Eastbound Interstate 10 narrowed to one lane at 59th Avenue from 9 p.m. Friday to 10 a.m. Saturday (Oct. 21) for bridge construction at Loop 202 South Mountain Freeway interchange. Eastbound I-10 on-ramp at 67th Avenue and off- and on-ramps at 59th Avenue closed. Expect heavy traffic and delays. DETOUR: Allow extra travel time and consider alternate routes, including Loop 101 in the West Valley.

Thanks for the heads up!

It looks like if you're taking the I-10 like me, you might just get off whenever the traffic starts looking too dense to proceed and go south off the off-ramp to Van Buren and take that all the way across to 75th Ave (or all the way to Avondale Blvd) then get back on after the lanes are un-restricted.

Hopefully we wont even have to get off and the slowing will be light for weekend traffic...... but this city is so big now the traffic is almost always high :frowning2:

Oct 20, 2017 at 2:25 PM Post #237 of 266
If we're coming from the East, then it shouldn't be a problem; if ADOT has the correct info, and they stick to their schedule.

Yeah, hopefully that's the case. I'm coming up from Tucson. I never trust I-10 and try to give myself extra time.

Oct 20, 2017 at 3:31 PM Post #238 of 266
The information is correct. If you stay on it - it adds about 20-30 minutes delay. I've been on it 3 nights in a row. THIS IS FOR PEOPLE COMING FROM THE EAST to the WEST. You will probably want to exit BEFORE 43rd avenue. It starts queuing up around there.

Oct 20, 2017 at 3:41 PM Post #239 of 266
The information is correct. If you stay on it - it adds about 20-30 minutes delay. I've been on it 3 nights in a row. THIS IS FOR PEOPLE COMING FROM THE EAST to the WEST. You will probably want to exit BEFORE 43rd avenue. It starts queuing up around there.

Thanx to you all for the heads up for everyone on the east sides benefit. The timing of this is incredible. Only in Phoenix is there construction as it seems, 24/7, 365

Oct 20, 2017 at 3:46 PM Post #240 of 266
Thanx to you all for the heads up for everyone on the east sides benefit. The timing of this is incredible. Only in Phoenix is there construction as it seems, 24/7, 365

After traveling around the US I can honestly say Phoenix road work is a breeze and I would rather have what we have versus the rest of the country. Plus they are putting a huge stack in the area we are discussing. A few hiccups to get around South Mountain is worth it. Because it is a Saturday there will be more traffic so 35 or 43rd avenue exits are your sweet spots. Keep that in mind. Two minutes on surface streets beats 10 minutes of traffic on the Freeway with everyone trying to get off at the same time any day of the week.

I am looking forward to tomorrow. The hype is real now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back