A (maybe) simple request for graphs
Nov 27, 2009 at 2:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

MrGreen

Headphoneus Supremus
With the build-a-graph, would it be possible to choose between having the frequencies matched at 1000 hz and also moved up/down so they have the same mean volume between (say, 100hz and 8000 hz) so we can see more easily how bright a given headphone is? Or, even moreso a variable y-axis for one of the graphs (in a 1v1) so we can move it up and down?

Sometimes it is hard when 1000 hz is the loudest part of one of the headphones (which means itll be positioned much lower than the other).

Obviously this would be less scientific (especially once moved) however it would be more useful as a visual aid.

Thanks for any and all considerations.

Dec 1, 2009 at 1:11 AM Post #2 of 5
Sadly it's not a simple request, but it is a good one.

Personally, I've been considering lowering the point at which the graphs are set to zero to maybe 500Hz or so. It seems to me that to many headphones start wiggling around above that, and below it they seem to be much more ... simple, I guess.

But your approach of Setting the zero point based on an average level between two frequencies has a good deal of merit.

I'm sure I won't be able to do anything in the short run either way, but I guarenty you that when the time comes, I'll remember your suggestion as we evaluate the methods we use to adjust display of the measured data.

Thank you!
thumb.gif

Dec 3, 2009 at 4:30 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Born2bwire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Perhaps you could add a vertical slider that would allow the user to adjust the vertical position of each graph on the fly.

We tried a new Java graphing package that let you zoom around and do all sorts of good stuff, but it was to buggy to use. Something will come along sooner or later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back