A little help with cables plz :D
Jul 21, 2017 at 8:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

CoolerCat

Head-Fier
Hello fellow Headfiers,
I would appreciate a little help about cables and the story goes as follows: I need a 2-pin cable with a microphone/remote that (ideally) works with Android to use with a pair of TFZ Exclusive Kings (currently dropped at Massdrop if anyone cares), so if you could suggest something it'll be pretty awesome. My initial thought was to use one from UE TF10 but they are with recessed connectors, whereas I need flat ones, so that probably won't work... My budget is really small (about 25$ USD) so I can't afford something super premium, but it will be good if they are at least not worse than the stock cables.
Also, If any of you makes custom cables and is willing to work with my excuse of a budget, PM me for detail plz. Thank You!

Jul 21, 2017 at 8:59 AM Post #2 of 11
When you say 2-pin, do you mean 2-pin into each side of the IEMs or 2-pin into your source?

Jul 21, 2017 at 9:05 AM Post #3 of 11
截屏_20170721_200238.jpg

Search in aliexpress.

Jul 21, 2017 at 9:07 AM Post #4 of 11
Also, if you want a mic, is this for iPhone or Android? Because depending on which you will need a different cable.

Jul 21, 2017 at 3:33 PM Post #5 of 11
Also, if you want a mic, is this for iPhone or Android? Because depending on which you will need a different cable.
TNX for the swift reply. To clarify, it is 2 pins on each end that connects to the IEM and it should work with Android. Also if you're wondering what I meant by 'flat' see this link --> http://www.uniquemelody.co/lineup/cables/
And also this one --> https://penonaudio.com/TFZ-EXCLUSIVE-KING-Experience-Version (see the pictures of the gray model to see what i meant more clearly)

Jul 21, 2017 at 3:44 PM Post #7 of 11
Unfortunately, if I'm being perfectly honest, I think it'll be near impossible to find a cable like that for less than $25 :/ such is the way with small brands like TFZ and IEMs like those. AliExpress is probably your best bet though if you want to find something

Jul 22, 2017 at 2:32 PM Post #10 of 11
Unfortunately, if I'm being perfectly honest, I think it'll be near impossible to find a cable like that for less than $25 :/ such is the way with small brands like TFZ and IEMs like those. AliExpress is probably your best bet though if you want to find something
Well I'd say that I agree with you sir. It seems that no one is even making such cables, even outside my price range. If we completely disregard my budget, could you perhaps suggest anything?
And on a different note then, could I totally DIY something? Perhaps it'll be easier to find the raw materials for my budget. In that case what materials do you think I should use?

Jul 22, 2017 at 3:13 PM Post #11 of 11
Well I'd say that I agree with you sir. It seems that no one is even making such cables, even outside my price range. If we completely disregard my budget, could you perhaps suggest anything?
And on a different note then, could I totally DIY something? Perhaps it'll be easier to find the raw materials for my budget. In that case what materials do you think I should use?
It's certainly possible to DIY your own cable, but it would be very difficult to do and probably wouldn't be the best idea overall for IEMs; it makes sense for cans (I've done it before, worked for a few weeks and then I bought a new pair) but for IEMs which are intended for use out and about I don't expect a DIY solution to last long

Users who are viewing this thread

Back