A Hifi-version of the Beyerdynamic Headzone is coming
Jul 26, 2007 at 9:38 AM Post #16 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Socrates /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Carl, if I was to look for that cable, what would I ask for. Pardon my ignorance, I got a Stax 3030 system recently and I've already upgraded the 'phones to an Omega II (still agonising over what new energiser to get). I haven't connected it up to my Philips Dolby Headphone unit yet.

Any interconnect with a 1/4 inch TRS plug at one end and stereo RCA plugs at the other end.

I won't give you recommendations on which cable, as matters of cabling tend to be touchy matters with audiophiles... just use a cable you like and good quality plugs. You can't really get good quality adaptor cables off the shelf (breakout cables are invariably hideous), so it would probably have to be a custom affair. Maybe you'll luck out and know someone who makes cables, I don't know.

The SRM-313 can't drive an Omega II if its life depended on it, so try and decide on an amp quickly. It's a much, much better headphone when it's not underamped.

Jul 26, 2007 at 12:09 PM Post #17 of 28
I won't give you recommendations on which cable, as matters of cabling tend to be touchy matters with audiophiles... just use a cable you like and good quality plugs. You can't really get good quality adaptor cables off the shelf (breakout cables are invariably hideous), so it would probably have to be a custom affair. Maybe you'll luck out and know someone who makes cables, I don't know. - Quote

Thanks Carl. I'm an aspiring audiophile and here in Ireland there really is nowhere to get info, recommendations or high end equipment, that's why head-fi is such a big help. I'll see what I can do !

Aug 9, 2007 at 1:03 PM Post #18 of 28
Aug 28, 2007 at 7:03 PM Post #20 of 28
sweet. finally a serious headphone company is doing gaming/entertainment headphones with real potential.

Aug 28, 2007 at 10:43 PM Post #22 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vul Kuolun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Didn't read the whole thread, but did you notice this?

I don't give 2 craps. I'll buy it. Been waiting and waiting for better movie and gaming headphone systems.

Once I really listened to a headphone setup for movies and gaming, it was all over. The Pioneer Elites, the Paradigms, all the subs were suddenly obsolete for me. Also quite nicely my fiance also agreed.

When company comes over, kinda different, but we rarely (if ever) watch movies with company.

I am very excited about this.

Aug 29, 2007 at 10:01 AM Post #23 of 28
There's more info and pics of the MMX 300, MMX 2 and Headzone Game here

The MMX 300 (based on DT770-2005) should be a very good gaming headset. Free choice of USB or regular minijack connection. Retails at €299.

Here's the retail prices for the sets:
The Headzone Game: €1990
The Headzone Home: €2490 (€1890 without headtracker)

Pretty expensive, but if they're anything as good as the Headzone Pro, you're gonna need a damned good loudspeaker setup to beat this.

Aug 29, 2007 at 1:11 PM Post #25 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by JensL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's more info and pics of the MMX 300, MMX 2 and Headzone Game here

The MMX 300 (based on DT770-2005) should be a very good gaming headset. Free choice of USB or regular minijack connection. Retails at €299.

Here's the retail prices for the sets:
The Headzone Game: €1990
The Headzone Home: €2490 (€1890 without headtracker)

Pretty expensive, but if they're anything as good as the Headzone Pro, you're gonna need a damned good loudspeaker setup to beat this.

The fools just need to get it out!

As an aside, I am putting off the remainder of my headphone purchases for this year to wait for it. I am looking at a custom Beyer, but I'll wait. I'll wait on the GS1000s and on the Edition 9s. When it comes out, and when its better than anything that I have. Everything else will be on the for sale forum, except one musical set of headphones and my UE 11pros.

Jan 28, 2013 at 3:03 AM Post #28 of 28
Quote:
I just received a Headzone with DT-880 and HeadTracker.  The packaging is HUGE.  Can't wait to watch some blu-ray concerts on it.  Stay tuned for my impression. 

Awesome. Looking forward to it. These look really interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back