A headsup on the AKG K1000 currently on ebay. Looks like a scam.
Nov 5, 2010 at 12:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

dcpoor

Headphoneus Supremus
Nov 5, 2010 at 1:25 PM Post #2 of 14
I find it interesting that both auctions claim the item is "brand-new, unused, unopened,...", which it clearly isn't. Look at the wear and tear on the outside of the wooden box.

Nov 5, 2010 at 2:11 PM Post #6 of 14
Quote:
Just saw that negative feedback from last week's auction. looks like the buyer is in China, maybe the auction was suppose to be CONUS only or something.

Maybe. But no feedback on that account for four years?...

Good of you to give the heads up BTW 
beerchug.gif

Nov 5, 2010 at 2:11 PM Post #7 of 14
You can always pay via credit card via paypal.  If it is a scam you would get your money back (first level going thru PP, second level thru your CC), but it's still a gamble.  Were I not in a transitionary period of gear I might risk it
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 5, 2010 at 7:59 PM Post #9 of 14
then please speculate about the stolen pictures and description from the other auction.

the only non-scam explanation i can think of is the same seller making a new account after the previous sale fell through.

Nov 6, 2010 at 5:48 PM Post #13 of 14

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm only reason I'd say that these might be legit is the fact that there rare headphones, fakes go for the big market like sonys and there current models not old akg's.

I don't think anyone was suggesting the headphones were fake, only that the auction was fake, i.e. the eBayer selling them doesn't actually have them. By the time the buyer figures out that they aren't coming, the seller has taken the money and closed his PayPal account.

Dec 9, 2010 at 2:58 AM Post #14 of 14
I think it was the same seller with the same account

about the pictures and that description from the other auction
because the seller cancelled his last auction     he took all the infor directly from the older one

my guess is the headphones were decent and the reason he cancelled the auction because he wanted more money

i'd like to give it a try

Users who are viewing this thread

Back