A head-fier owes me $1000+ and couldn't (/wouldn't) pay me back..
Jun 10, 2008 at 1:16 PM Post #106 of 151
Quote:

Originally Posted by trose49 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have been a member here for quite sometime and do deserve some respect.

Wow...un-freakin'-believable. You forfeited your right to respect when you didn't sell off a piece of gear to pay this money back. Or when you left the OP hanging. Grow a pair and take care of your debt....NOW!

We need a sticky at the top of the feedback thread warning everyone that Todd is not to be trusted.

Jun 10, 2008 at 1:26 PM Post #107 of 151
Quote:

Originally Posted by ecclesand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow...un-freakin'-believable. You forfeited your right to respect when you didn't sell off a piece of gear to pay this money back. Or when you left the OP hanging. Grow a pair and take care of your debt....NOW!

We need a sticky at the top of the feedback thread warning everyone that Todd is not to be trusted.

MAYBE YOU MISSED IT! THE GEAR HAS BEEN GONE FOR MONTHS!

IF THIS EVERYONES TRUE FELLINGS BAN ME NOW AND GET IT OVER WITH!

Jun 10, 2008 at 1:30 PM Post #108 of 151
Quote:

I did miss it because you added it to your post AFTER I made my post. Nice try, genius.
rolleyes.gif

Jun 10, 2008 at 1:42 PM Post #110 of 151
Quote:

Originally Posted by wrecked_porsche /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whoa! Guys, take a chill pill!
eek.gif

I never knew Head-Fi could get sooo nasty...
frown.gif

I don't think people are getting necessarily overly nasty. We have one member who has decided to use his status as a HF vet to somehow lessen the fact that he bought something from another member and didn't pay him. He's abused the trust of this forum and now wants to make excuses for it.

Jun 10, 2008 at 1:44 PM Post #111 of 151
Guy take a chill pill, he never used his status as heafier, the buyer agree with him outside headfi some terms and that is a problem between them, they were friends and keep some communication frequently. But it is up to you to be wise and do the bussiness in a way you can retrieve your funds in case you have a problem, at least I always do that to avoid any further problem...and with everybody.

Hey Todd, my two cents on this topic, if you can not afford to pay the whole debth, at least, offer the buyer a compensation, as he needs also the money.
Let's say pay an small amount at the time, it is really hard for me to understand how any person in US can not affrod to pay $250.00 at a given time, I have been is really bad financial situations, even with no job, and even in the worst scenario (and I'm an inmigrant) I had at least a couple of hundred in my pocket for any emergency...

Also have you contemplate the posibility that you will never recover that money from the audit, laws are not always fair, and the justice system is not always what we expect, what about in thinking in getting another extra job, or make your wife and kids work after school to help you, if they are in legal age of course...everybody can help...but please try to fix this problem ASAP for your own good...your reputation is at stake now, the last a man can afford to lose is the reputation, and his word...

Just my two cents...

Jun 10, 2008 at 1:48 PM Post #112 of 151
Quote:

Originally Posted by PFKMan23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We have one member who has decided to use his status as a HF vet to somehow lessen the fact that he bought something from another member and didn't pay him. He's abused the trust of this forum and now wants to make excuses for it.

I agree. I have totally lost faith and trust in the FS forums with regards to "post count" and "join date" because of this incident. I've always thought that is was safe to trust senior members here. Well, not anymore. This thread is clear evidence of that.
frown.gif

What I'm trying to say is, I hope this does not get out of hand, just reminding those who wish to post in this thread think it through first before some irreparable damage is done. Some arguments in forums can get downright nasty. I just don't want that to happen here.

Jun 10, 2008 at 1:49 PM Post #113 of 151
Quote:

I'm not clear what this has to do with the OP? He gave you money for a purpose that purpose was to buy him headphones and send him a Zune. That was not your money to do with as you please. This was 6 months ago. Your gear, as you describe it, was sold AFTER you owed him money. So that gear money should have gone to him right? Governments usually have repayment plans.

Now, only after this thread, is there a big "okay I'll commit to paying."

I know what it is like to be in dire straights. It sucks. No doubt about it, but that is no excuse to take someone's money and ignore them. He's in Australia, he's a kid, it's VERY VERY easy for everyone here, including the OP to think that you basically looked at that $1k as a permanent no interest loan...it became a sweet gift with little possibility for the OP to get it back.

That may not have been your intent; you might very well have always intended on paying him back, but after 6 months, little response, here you are defending yourself after a public outting and he's still out the cash.

Have you forgotten that he too was in dire straights? Having to charge his rent?

This all snow balls into what we see here, a rather lynch mobbish reaction (though it is actually quite tame to what I have seen in the past).

The best part will be when the kid starts seeing some money and all things get remedied, even if slowly.

Taxes suck, I know I just got a call from my accountant...no spending for me for the next year
frown.gif
Such is life.

Jun 10, 2008 at 1:55 PM Post #114 of 151
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Todd, my two cents on this topic, if you can not afford to pay the whole debth, at least, offer the buyer a compensation, as he needs also the money.
Let's say pay an small amount at the time, it is really hard for me to understand how any person in US can not affrod to pay $250.00 at a given time, I have been is really bad financial situations, even with no job, and even in the worst scenario (and I'm an inmigrant) I had at least a couple of hundred in my pocket for any emergency...

Also have you contemplate the posibility that you will never recover that money from the audit, laws are not always fair, and the justice system is not always what we expect, what about in thinking in getting another extra job, or make your wife and kids work after school to help you, if they are in legal age of course...everybody can help...but please try to fix this problem ASAP for your own good...your reputation is at stake now, the last a man can afford to lose is the reputation, and his word...

Just my two cents...

Yes this has all been put in place with the OP. I was asked to do a favor for the OP which I have done in the past for him. This was not a sale on either side!

When the monies were held I was and am still in a desperate financial situation. Honestly $200 may as well be 2,000,000!

I appeciate the advise and the lack of additional slander.

I realize I am fanning my own fire so I am going to stay out of it further until the situation is resolved.

Jun 10, 2008 at 2:00 PM Post #115 of 151
There has been no slander. It's possible to go down to the home depot and stand outside for a couple of hours in the morning and end up with a job that will pay you $75-150 for the day. Do that enough times and you can repay him.

Jun 10, 2008 at 2:00 PM Post #116 of 151
Quote:

Yes this has all been put in place with the OP. I was asked to do a favor for the OP which I have done in the past for him. This was not a sale on either side!

Ahh, it's all perfectly understandable now. There's a term for this...

Fraud

Jun 10, 2008 at 2:05 PM Post #117 of 151
"I have flawless feedback here at Head-Fi and that should speak to my character."

Sorry No- you're mistaken.

You Name Is Mud.

You've personally destroyed what might have been a good name, you've shown a complete lack of charector and by posting here you've clearly established how worthless and troublesome you are.

You would have been wise to keep this to your self and made an effort to correct the problem.

You should have taken your own advice and kept your mouth shut. As it is you've just dug a bigger hole for your self.

But I'm glad you've responded so forcefully so I can add you to my ignore list with the other dreggs of society.

Have a Nice Day

Mitch

Jun 10, 2008 at 2:05 PM Post #118 of 151
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not clear what this has to do with the OP? He gave you money for a purpose that purpose was to buy him headphones and send him a Zune. That was not your money to do with as you please. This was 6 months ago. Your gear, as you describe it, was sold AFTER you owed him money. So that gear should have gone to him right? Governments usually have repayment plans.

Now, only after this thread, is there a big "okay I'll commit to paying."

I know what it is like to be in dire straights. It sucks. No doubt about it, but that is no excuse to take someone's money and ignore them. He's in Australia, he's a kid, it's VERY VERY easy for everyone here, including the OP to think that you basically looked at that $1k as a permanent no interest loan...it became a sweet gift with little possibility for the OP to get it back.

That may not have been your intent; you might very well have always intended on paying him back, but after 6 months, little response, here you are defending yourself after a public outting and he's still out the cash.

Have you forgotten that he too was in dire straights? Having to charge his rent?

This all snow balls into what we see here, a rather lynch mobbish reaction (though it is actually quite tame to what I have seen in the past).

The best part will be when the kid starts seeing some money and all things get remedied, even if slowly.

Taxes suck, I know I just got a call from my accountant...no spending for me for the next year
frown.gif
Such is life.

A:

Let's not forget -[size=small]I OUTTED MYSELF[/size]!

B:

Not Taxes owed (FROZEN BANK ACCOUNT)

C:

People will do what they have to to survive (Human nature)

Jun 10, 2008 at 2:09 PM Post #119 of 151
Quote:

Originally Posted by braillediver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"I have flawless feedback here at Head-Fi and that should speak to my character."

Sorry No- you're mistaken.

Yups. Agreed. No matter how senior or how good a member's feedback is, it DOES NOT give him/her a right to do such a thing.

Quote:

You would have been wise to keep this to your self and made an effort to correct the problem.

But I'm glad you've responded so forcefully so I can add you to my ignore list with the other dreggs of society.

biggrin.gif
Harsh but oh soo true.
tongue.gif

Agreed 100%.

Jun 10, 2008 at 2:15 PM Post #120 of 151
I've just read through the thread...It isn't our job to moderate sales, it's the moderators jobs...There are always two sides to a story, and it's not up to us to decide which side of the story is correct...let these guys sought it out...or have a mod listen to both sides of the story...flaming both parties doesn't help the situation

Users who are viewing this thread

Back