A head-fier owes me $1000+ and couldn't (/wouldn't) pay me back..
Jun 10, 2008 at 4:13 AM Post #92 of 151
So when will we start seeing some of your stuff in the FS forums? That would seem to be the sensible solution to this dilema. Everyone is entitled to a mistake & getting themselves into a mess. But the true measure of character would seem to be how we go about getting ourselves out of our messes.

Jun 10, 2008 at 5:55 AM Post #94 of 151
If he can't come up with a slightly better defense, I know who we should all collectively +1 ignore. I love the attitude there like he's being witch-hunted. Well, sometimes, it's deserved. I mean come on, the best he could say is that it happened outside of head-fi? That's it? Seriously?

I think any reasonable person would listen to a reasonable explanation. I'm waiting, but it doesn't look good. thousands worth of his own gear, no specific explanations, no tiny shows of good faith (that we know of, and if those had been made, well of course you'd speak up about it, right?), it doesn't speak highly of him.

Jun 10, 2008 at 10:41 AM Post #95 of 151
Quote:

Originally Posted by micaela /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So when will we start seeing some of your stuff in the FS forums? That would seem to be the sensible solution to this dilema. Everyone is entitled to a mistake & getting themselves into a mess. But the true measure of character would seem to be how we go about getting ourselves out of our messes.

Would you buy from him, after this?

Simon

Jun 10, 2008 at 10:58 AM Post #96 of 151
well... his avatar is pretty cool

Jun 10, 2008 at 11:16 AM Post #97 of 151
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pieman /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Simon

x2
I was thinking the same thing too..
cool.gif

Jun 10, 2008 at 11:54 AM Post #98 of 151
Quote:

Simon

Well, you'd simply have to receive the stuff BEFORE sending payment. But even so...

trose49's response was a pretty shallow and "jokey" response to a pretty serious issue. Whilst I don't think that any of us (apart from the OP of course) are "owed" an explanation, I think the lack of one from trose49 speaks volumes for his level of trustworthiness, whatever his previous feedback.

If he was genuinely serious about repairing the obvious and serious damage to his head-fi reputation, he would have addressed these issues much more sensibly, and not tried to (a) skirt around the issue and (b) paint himself as the victim of a witch-hunt.

Jun 10, 2008 at 12:23 PM Post #99 of 151
Quote:

Simon

Not likely, unless I received the items before making payment, I surely would not want to pay first and trust the items will arrive.

I think one of the big issues in this situation is trust.
Here we have a long-time head-fi'er with a high post-count as well as a good amount of positive feedback, yet we have such an incident occurring.

If you cannot go by length of membership, post-count, or feedback, how do you determine?

I think the question is not only "Would you buy from him after this", but "How will this effect future Head-Fi transactions on the For Sale Forums?"

This transaction has likely devalued all of our reputations since the indicators (feedback, etc) have been shown to be ineffective.

Jun 10, 2008 at 12:48 PM Post #101 of 151
it's intentional that you haven't paid him yet while still owning expensive gear. It was involving head-fi because you met him through here, and he trusted you because of your status here. Stop trying to downplay the situation and do the right thing.

Jun 10, 2008 at 12:53 PM Post #102 of 151
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it's intentional that you haven't paid him yet while still owning expensive gear. It was involving head-fi because you met him through here, and he trusted you because of your status here. Stop trying to downplay the situation and do the right thing.

Dead bloody right. This does involve Head-Fi. This is the place where you met the OP. Anything else is BS.

Simon

Jun 10, 2008 at 1:01 PM Post #104 of 151
Your own fault for not paying the original poster. Communication isn't the problem. That you didn't do what you agreed to do is the problem.

Jun 10, 2008 at 1:10 PM Post #105 of 151
That's a little tough to do when you get audited and your whole life savings including the ops money gets held without notice.

Transfered the money to my checking to make purchases next day bam!

No money! (Imagine having NO MONEY!)

I'm leaving it at that.

I didn't go on vacation with it!

I have been a member here for quite sometime and do deserve some respect.

This is one isolated incident that will be fixed period!

As for the inquiring minds on equipment:

My equipment was sold to a friend with the agreement that I could buy it back in time. I have a family and had NO other choice but to pay for things to keep them afloat while this situation gets resolved.

You really cant comment on what you would do if not in the same scenerio.

Sorry to dissapoint all of you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back