A good way to appreciate great SQ
Oct 31, 2008 at 8:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

metllicamilitia

100+ Head-Fier
I was listening to my JVC Gumy's while walking to and from work today and am using my SA6's while listening to songs on youtube right now. The difference is so amazing, I can't really stand the Gumy's, there is no bass to speak of and the rest is a little harsh to my ears without it. The SA6's are just keep proving themselves amazing, good tight bass, nice clean highs, and powerful mids. They simply make the Gumy's sound like worthless pieces of crap to me. I don't think I can go down the SQ ladder that much anymore after getting my SA6's, I really have to thank to Head-Fi community for making up my mind to get them over the UM1's and Super.Fi's. So, the point of my thread, if you want to really appreciate your SQ again, just a buy a pair of JVC Gumy's and listen to them for about an hour then listen to your normal IEM's/Cans, and always listen to what Head-Fi members have to offer
tongue_smile.gif

Oct 31, 2008 at 9:54 AM Post #2 of 3
I think you do nt have a good fit though.
i psychoed friends to buy the fx-33 and they certainly had more bass than my re-1s. and quite strong too, definitely not no bass to speak of.

Oct 31, 2008 at 12:54 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by metllicamilitia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was listening to my JVC Gumy's while walking to and from work today and am using my SA6's while listening to songs on youtube right now. The difference is so amazing, I can't really stand the Gumy's, there is no bass to speak of and the rest is a little harsh to my ears without it. The SA6's are just keep proving themselves amazing, good tight bass, nice clean highs, and powerful mids. They simply make the Gumy's sound like worthless pieces of crap to me. I don't think I can go down the SQ ladder that much anymore after getting my SA6's, I really have to thank to Head-Fi community for making up my mind to get them over the UM1's and Super.Fi's. So, the point of my thread, if you want to really appreciate your SQ again, just a buy a pair of JVC Gumy's and listen to them for about an hour then listen to your normal IEM's/Cans, and always listen to what Head-Fi members have to offer
tongue_smile.gif

I do the same thing with my marshmallows whenever I forget why I spent so much on my IEMs. Needless to say, I have not yet failed to remember.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back