A good source to buy Sony V-6's?
Nov 20, 2002 at 5:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

stevesolo

100+ Head-Fier
After checking a few sources the Sony V-6's are unavailable. Have they been replaced by the 7506's at a higher price?
Can anyone tell me where I can get the V-6's at a good price?

Nov 20, 2002 at 6:25 AM Post #3 of 19
etronics has had them out of stock for some time now.

Is millionbuy going to get them in stock again? They had them for $69.99, and this is now the second time they have ran out of stock (they ran out in late summer, but got them back sometime after september i think).

I truly hope they get them back in stock, as they had a pretty good shipping rate to canadians....hehe
smily_headphones1.gif

DJmart has them for $79.99 i believe. (i dont think they ship to canada though).

Please don't tell me i will have to resort to buying sony 7506's for $200CDN....
frown.gif

Nov 20, 2002 at 8:58 AM Post #4 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by jlo mein
Is millionbuy going to get them in stock again? They had them for $69.99, and this is now the second time they have ran out of stock (they ran out in late summer, but got them back sometime after september i think).

I ordered a pair from Millionbuy on Nov. 11 they said they ran out and expect to get a shipment in 2-3 weeks

Nov 20, 2002 at 12:12 PM Post #5 of 19
I got my pair from DJ Mart just a week ago and they still had some in stock. They are discontinued, so getting more in stock won't mean they come from Sony!!! DJ Mart was $79.99, but they have them!!

Nov 20, 2002 at 7:54 PM Post #6 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by ServinginEcuador
...They are discontinued...

Wha, What? Why?? Any more info in other posts I could take a look at?

What...did they decide to start mass-producing the red ones?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 21, 2002 at 3:08 AM Post #7 of 19
I might be mistaken, but I checked Sony's seb site for all their headphones, and it's not listed. Only the V600,900 and such are.

Try: This link to Sony for more info no current models.

I hope for everyone's sake I'm wrong about this as they are quite good for so little money!!!

Nov 21, 2002 at 3:17 AM Post #8 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by punosion
Wha, What? Why?? Any more info in other posts I could take a look at?

What...did they decide to start mass-producing the red ones?
very_evil_smiley.gif

The v6s have been discontinued for a while now.
frown.gif

Nov 21, 2002 at 3:24 AM Post #9 of 19
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I thought I was right!! The trick now is to locate someone with them in stock and buy them before they are gone for good!!!

Nov 21, 2002 at 4:00 PM Post #10 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by andrzejpw
The v6s have been discontinued for a while now.
frown.gif

Do you know when they did so? I mean, I follow most of the threads on here, but I probably spaced out the time when they did...because I just don't remember any talk about that...

That's a shame. The V600's can't touch the V6's.

Nov 24, 2002 at 1:07 AM Post #12 of 19
Hmmm, Fry's Electronics (a huge consumer electronics store here in California) has them in stock, I was there a couple of days ago. Of course, it just may be old stock and when they're gone, they're gone.
frown.gif

Nov 24, 2002 at 1:49 AM Post #13 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by JMT
Hmmm, Fry's Electronics (a huge consumer electronics store here in California) has them in stock, I was there a couple of days ago. Of course, it just may be old stock and when they're gone, they're gone.
frown.gif

Yes, I remember seeing them at Fry's as well. They had a whole wall of them. This was about... maybe 2 weeks ago? A lot of Fry's stock tends to be liquiditation-type stuff, so it would make sense that the V6's were being phased out.

Fry's had them for $79.99. They also had the V700 for $149.99. I pity the average consumer buying the V700 who thinks they got cans that were twice as good as the V6's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back