A-GD Tenor TE8802 Thread (Installation, Successes, Problems, Troubleshooting)
Sep 15, 2012 at 3:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 64

HeatFan12

Headphoneus Supremus
Well, I figure I will start this thread in reference to the TE8802 chip on various Audio-GD devices. The TE8802 [size=x-small]supports full speed Asynchronous Transfer Mode up to 24/192KHz (usb).[/size]

[size=x-small]I have two devices with this chip and have to say I have had no problems at all with installation, media players, hi-rez files, bit-perfect renderers etc. and it sounds great.[/size]

[size=x-small]Some folks have had no problems and some folks have been having problems with installation, BSODs, various media players, running hi-rez etc.[/size]

Hopefully, as a teamwork effort we can troubleshoot various problems with installation, playing hi-rez files and whatever else folks are having problems with.  These devices require a driver download and install and are not just plug and play.  With some OSs, the device has to be connected and powered on and for some it is not necessary for install.  This install comes with an interface as well.

If you could, post:

1) Your device-  NFB-15.1 & NFB-16

2) Your OS- I have installed it on XP, Vistax86 & x64, W7x64

3) Media players you are using- I use Foobar, MediaMonkey, MusicBee & iTunes

4) Output (WASAPI, Kernel Streaming, Direct Sound, Native ASIO driver, ASIO4ALL etc.)- I have tried ASIO driver, WASAPI, KS, DS & ASIO4ALL

5) Any problems with installation, BSODs, dropouts, delays, playing hi-rez etc.- None

Cheers!!!

Sep 16, 2012 at 12:12 AM Post #2 of 64
I've un-rar'ed the driver archives and zipped them instead, since not everyone has software or knows where to find it for the archives:

Windows: (1.1) agd-usb-win

Mac: agd-usb-mac

Sep 16, 2012 at 9:05 AM Post #6 of 64
Yes indeed.  XP has the auto feature which is great.

I stopped using Winamp a few months back due to their asio output was acting a little funky (the track seeker bar would not move while using asio).  I posted in the winamp forum but no luck.  It went from working great to funky out of nowhere, so I gave it a break.

Gave it a shot with the 15.1 right now in KS mode.  Works great.....It greys out the pc volume slider

ASIO with uLilith...Sounding nice indeed!!!

Sep 16, 2012 at 2:19 PM Post #7 of 64
Have it with dac 19 dsp, and psu a and tcxo upgrade, working fine with spotify :) win7 x64,

Tried it with foobar2000 and i think wasapi on push on high-res 24bit material and it worked, but its not exactly userfriendly in my world.

Am i using direct stream when using spotify or what? - is it working in asynch mode then? - i have installed new drivers and can see streaming status.

Sep 17, 2012 at 4:59 PM Post #8 of 64
Quote:
Have it with dac 19 dsp, and psu a and tcxo upgrade, working fine with spotify :) win7 x64,

Tried it with foobar2000 and i think wasapi on push on high-res 24bit material and it worked, but its not exactly userfriendly in my world.

Am i using direct stream when using spotify or what? - is it working in asynch mode then? - i have installed new drivers and can see streaming status.

Hey krumme,

I use it with MOG and sounds great.  Volume slider moves but I just leave it maxxed and control from amp.

Cheers!!!

Sep 23, 2012 at 12:48 PM Post #9 of 64
Hi! I'm just quoting my post from another thread:

1) Your device-  NFB-15.1 with USB

2) Your OS- W64 home premium

3) Media players you are using- Foobar, spotify

4) Output (WASAPI, Kernel Streaming, Direct Sound, Native ASIO driver, ASIO4ALL etc.)- Direct sound from the NFB-output that appears in windows interface (I tab a lot+playing games while I listen to music - so I don't like using things like wasapi.)

5) Any problems with installation, BSODs, dropouts, delays, playing hi-rez etc. :
Is anyone else having problems with the drivers? (atleast I think it's the drivers) The NFB-15.1 suddenly disappears from my pc system - and I lose all audio, in the process my pc turns immensely slow, my CPU works at 100% while no tasks in running (checked in task manager) When I try to reset the computer it's stuck on the "shut down" phase - forcing me to shut it down with cutting the power.
I've also had spontanious resets of the computer - However, I have not had any bluescreens.

should I downgrade the driver from 1.1 to 1.0 perhaps?

Sep 24, 2012 at 7:53 AM Post #10 of 64
I downgraded the drivers, but it caused more problems than I had with the new ones, the sound would go total static, when swapping between spotify and foobar, and to solve it I usually had to change the settings on foobar to wasapi, and then to my primary sounddevice again, and it would happen every now and then... This in itself just caused more problems than it was worth, it's hella annoying when you suddenly play something with sound (for instance youtube and that annoying static noise comes - the same sound if you play with the wrong filters/os on the NFB15.1)

so I upped drivers again.

Sep 24, 2012 at 2:55 PM Post #13 of 64
Quote:
How do I enable ASIO? I can't find it as an option @ outputs in Foobar2000.

Check your output dropdown.  It should have this (hi-lited)

Now go to this (look at left hi-lited pane) and make sure you have a-gd usb asio in the "configured asio devices (hi-lited too).  Double click Audio-gd USB Audio Device ASIO.  Then you will get (next shot down)

This........
Hit ok and rock and roll...Try it out

Sep 24, 2012 at 4:16 PM Post #15 of 64
Cheers for the help, I just installed it - hopefully that'll help!
just got a bluescreen while gaming with normal output, haven't been lucky with the drivers on this one so far -.- Hoping it won't cause too many problems!

What should I set the buffer at?

edit:
Just bluescreen'd again -.-

Navn på problemhendelse:    BlueScreen
  OS-versjon:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  ID for nasjonal innstilling:    1044

Tilleggsinformasjon om problemet:
  BCCode:    d1
  BCP1:    0000000000000000
  BCP2:    0000000000000002
  BCP3:    0000000000000001
  BCP4:    FFFFF880055F0B50
  OS Version:    6_1_7601
  Service Pack:    1_0
  Product:    768_1

Files that is part of casuing the problems:
  C:\Windows\Minidump\092412-20420-01.dmp
  C:\Users\Raven\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-33087-0.sysdata.xml

Les vår personvernerklæring på Internett:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0414

Hvis personvernerklæringen på Internett ikke er tilgjengelig, kan du lese personvernerklæringen frakoblet:
  C:\Windows\system32\nb-NO\erofflps.txt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back